No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Historical Review: Leo Santa Cruz-Eric Morel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Historical Review: Leo Santa Cruz-Eric Morel

IBF bantamweight champion Leo Santa Cruz landed double the weight class average for total punches, averaging 199 thrown per round - 53 more than Eric Morel. Morel, not a big puncher, will have to land more than 9% of his jabs to hold off the relentless Sant Cruz.

[Click Here To Read More]

Damn that's a little workhorse right there.

Comment

I like Mini-Margarito alot.

Very fun too watch.

Comment

I would love to see Santa Cruz vs Abner Mares. What great body punchers, I think Leo might even be better at it then Abner. (Both tend to stray a little low too lol)

Comment

I have to say too - I absolutely love the idea of the $100,000 best KO incentive. Sucks for guys like Santa Cruz where the opponents corner calls off the fight, but it's such a great idea to get the fighters to go out there and bang it out with everything they got.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
            I would love to see Santa Cruz vs Abner Mares. What great body punchers, I think Leo might even be better at it then Abner. (Both tend to stray a little low too lol)
            Give Leo 1 or 2 more fights.

My money is on Leo.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
              Give Leo 1 or 2 more fights.

My money is on Leo.
              Hey stranger! How ya doin?

I'm with you on Leo. I don't see a whole lot of flaws with the guy. His punches seem so heavy to me and he's incredibly accurate IMO. Actually I'm surprised that his KO % isn't higher then it is.

Comment

Been big on this kid for a long time now and it's good to see him fulfilling his potential. I thought he'd have too much for Morel and anyone who's defiance causes them to stand toe-to-toe with ' Teremoto '.

Next stop 122.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
                  Hey stranger! How ya doin?

I'm with you on Leo. I don't see a whole lot of flaws with the guy. His punches seem so heavy to me and he's incredibly accurate IMO. Actually I'm surprised that his KO % isn't higher then it is.
                  If that fight ends up happening and Leo pulls it off, how bout you and me celebrate by having dinner at the Olive Garden?

Comment

Good fight with Cruz controlling the pace using a high work rate and some brutal body work!

Morel never got control and couldn't keep Cruz off him!

Morel RTD after 5

Hls of the fight if you can't watch:
                    http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/v...p?f=85&t=96203

ENJOY!

Comment

Working...
                    X