Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 times more Lebanese origin folk live outside Lebanon then within it...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Great Grandfather was a Lebanese immigrant and I have relatives spread out all over the place. Many Lebanese emigrants and decedents are very successful people.

Comment

oh fo' sho. lebanese folk are good business people.

Comment

Probably relative to population yea.

The biggest has got to be the Chinese though, those dudes are literally everywhere.

Comment

Or Israel's/Jews/God knows.

Comment

Filipinos have a huge diaspora. Hell, they are even in Pakistan!

Comment

What's the criteria I wonder? 50%? 25%? If it's say 25%, than that would mean my mom, my 4 uncles, my aunt, my grandpa's sibling's children, etc. would all be included. Given that Lebanon is a very small country, it makes quite a lot of sense that the relative diaspora would be large. But, Lebanese are very spread out around the world I think. I'm sure that an expert could shed some interesting light on the question.

Comment

it's because Christians use to be the majority until Palestinian muslims started flooding into the country and the Christian Lebanese didn't like it so they started leaving. Now the Christians are apparently less than 5% of the population of Lebanon. But theres no census there cuz the government doesn't want to reveal the real numbers, they think it would create tension and conflict between the Christians and Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  It was once consdered the most beautiful country in the Middle East. It sucks now because Israel ruined it.
                  Beirut is still pretty nice The water is crystal blue but the rest.....yea

Comment

its like 1/3 non muslim.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                      its like 1/3 non muslim.
                      Well yea...

it sucks.

Comment

Working...
                      X