No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Sanchez Would Love Chavez-Martinez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Sanchez Would Love Chavez-Martinez Winner

IBO/WBA "regular" middleweight champion Gennady "Triple G" Golovkin (24-0, 21KOs) has set his sights on the winner of the upcoming middleweight showdown between WBC champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and former two-division king Sergio Martinez, taking place on September 15th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'd be happy for either to be honest. Geale, Peter/N'dam, Jr., Martinez.... all these options

Comment

Also, that HBO performance did a lot of favors for him. I swear I saw Proksa's teeth fly out.... great night

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Also, that HBO performance did a lot of favors for him. I swear I saw Proksa's teeth fly out.... great night
        how were the fans in the crowd bro?

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
          how were the fans in the crowd bro?
          You could easily tell the countrymen were there. The Ukrainian fanbase were pretty cool (came dressed in their traditional vestments I guess) with flags and were pretty loud..... no so much during Dzin's fight though.
          There were a few people from Kazakhstan too.
          Polish fans were by far the loudest IMO.
          Same old I guess.... drunk people everywhere screaming.
          I'd say there was definitely over 1k people there.... I want to say maybe 2.

Comment

First, Golovkin should fight Geale. I think thats a fight that could be easily made.
            Geale and his promoter said already they would do it. After that Golovkin will have 3 major belts and 1 minor belt so he will be in an even better position to get fights against Martinez and jr. Pirog is another option.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              You could easily tell the countrymen were there. The Ukrainian fanbase were pretty cool (came dressed in their traditional vestments I guess) with flags and were pretty loud..... no so much during Dzin's fight though.
              There were a few people from Kazakhstan too.
              Polish fans were by far the loudest IMO.
              Same old I guess.... drunk people everywhere screaming.
              I'd say there was definitely over 1k people there.... I want to say maybe 2.
              lol Wearing their Sorochka Vyshyvanka to a boxing event, fuk ya!

Did you get to sit ringside or did they screw you?

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
              First, Golovkin should fight Geale. I think thats a fight that could be easily made.
              Geale and his promoter said already they would do it. After that Golovkin will have 3 major belts and 1 minor belt so he will be in an even better position to get fights against Martinez and jr. Pirog is another option.
              If Golovkin pushes for the Martinez fight so will Geale and Geale is alot more likely to get it. I hope Geale vs Golovkin happens first too.

Comment

I still think that Golovkin is too slow to beat martinez.

I realise that his timing is very good, but martinez is very good at keeping distance and have elite footwork.

Proska fights a littel dumb IMO he may fight with his hands down like martinez sometimes but there footwork are not comparable.
                Proska have been forced to slug it out with d level fights and have gotten way too much hype after the Sebastian Sylvester fight.

But its a great fight that I would love to see

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  I still think that Golovkin is too slow to beat martinez.

I realise that his timing is very good, but martinez is very good at keeping distance and have elite footwork.

Proska fights a littel dumb IMO he may fight with his hands down like martinez sometimes but there footwork are not comparable.
                  Proska have been forced to slug it out with d level fights and have gotten way too much hype after the Sebastian Sylvester fight.

But its a great fight that I would love to see
                  He has better handspeed, timing, and footwork than Pavlik yet after the first three rounds Kelly found his timing and was winning all the rounds until those two horrible cuts over each eye started bleeding bad in the 9th if i remember correct. Barker and Macklin had alot of success boxing with Martinez too. Sergio has athletic footwork and is good at closing distance but i wouldn't say it's elite.
                  Last edited by Mikhnienko; 09-03-2012, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    He has better handspeed, timing, and footwork than Pavlik yet after the first three rounds Kelly found his timing and was winning all the rounds until those two horrible cuts over each eye started bleeding bad in the 9th if i remember correct. Barker and Macklin had alot of success boxing with Martinez too. Sergio has athletic footwork and is good at closing distance but i wouldn't say it's elite.
                    Who has better footwork ?

Pavlik is soo much taler that there is no way you can compare the two.

Kelly was outboxed through the fight, there where some close rounds but martinez was dominating.

The notion that Barker and macklin had succes is completly blown out of proporsion imo, in reality it was more like `see i was abel to land one punch on martinez and everyone`completly forgetting that martinez landed hundreds of times in between.
                    And at the end of the fight the both where knocked down and had had beaten up bloody faces.

That is not succes

And BTW diddent golovkin strugel alot with (way past prime)Kassim Ouma before the tko?
                    Last edited by 110110110; 09-03-2012, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X