Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Fans: What would Amir Khan have to do, to get your respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to to see him shut his mouth and be humble for once.

Comment

I couldn't give 2 ****s how humble he is...It's a damn sport where you punch other men in the head for Christs sake..Stop trying to bring "morality" into a sport which inherently has none..

Just fight and beat Matthyse like you did with Maidana and you can talk all the **** you want Amir!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
        most of the people telling him to be humble don't know the first ****ing thing about it. they can't even be humble on a boxing forum, what makes you think they would be humble as a world champion.
        what does people on a boxing forum being humble have anything to do with a world champion being humble? khan is the one in the spotlight, not the fans.

Comment

Avenge his L's to Garcia and Peterson. I don't rate Mathysse at all, but I would like to see Khan rematch Maidana and win more comfortably than the first fight. I would definitely buy Khan-Garcia II.

Comment

Already has my respect, the guy has been in with a lot of top guys..... but that doesnt mean i have to like him, he is an a**hole.

Comment

Originally posted by animalfan10 View Post
              I couldn't give 2 ****s how humble he is...It's a damn sport where you punch other men in the head for Christs sake..Stop trying to bring "morality" into a sport which inherently has none..

Just fight and beat Matthyse like you did with Maidana and you can talk all the **** you want Amir!!
              Running your mouth is acceptable when a guy is successful at a high level. But when he feels the need to ***** and moan after every loss he just comes across as douchebag with an undeserved sense of accomplishment.

Like somebody else pointed out earlier, people probably respect him as a boxer, not as a person.

Comment

He can do all of the above and mofos will still be putting more standards on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                  what does people on a boxing forum being humble have anything to do with a world champion being humble? khan is the one in the spotlight, not the fans.
                  so because posters aren't in the spotlight, they can be hypocrites and it doesn't count as such? and lets not forget that Khan makes large donations to charities, something I bet very few BS members have ever done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1 View Post
                    so because posters aren't in the spotlight, they can be hypocrites and it doesn't count as such? and lets not forget that Khan makes large donations to charities, something I bet very few BS members have ever done.
                    so what if fans are being hypocritical? being a hypocrite doesn't always mean their opinion weighs less than anyone else's. obviously there's a large group of fans that don't like his attitude or the things he says and just because he donates doesn't mean he's not arrogant.

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
                      so what if fans are being hypocritical? being a hypocrite doesn't always mean their opinion weighs less than anyone else's. obviously there's a large group of fans that don't like his attitude or the things he says and just because he donates doesn't mean he's not arrogant.
                      I understand. he makes me cringe when they interview him and I also wish he would shut up sometimes, but he is a pro boxer, a world champion, a philanthropist and has a pretty terrible chin. if he needs to talk **** to get himself motivated then all power to him.

a lot of Khan hate came BEFORE he even developed into the arrogant SOB he is now and in many cases it was because of his skin colour, nationality and religious beliefs

Comment

Working...
                      X