No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez's Insults Will Cost Him Big Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zopilote View Post
    You clearly haven't seen that fight have you?
    Biggest robbery ever

Comment

Why do people think this fight is going to be any differnet than the first 3? They said the same **** after each fight. And now THIS TIME one is going to dominate and KO the other?

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        Sergio fought Cintron 3 times?
        No but KO Cintron and beat him convincingly and got a draw

Comment

Inb4 marquez thinks hes winning the fight again, and coasts in the later rounds to another loss.

Hopefully marquez is smart enough to realize that regardless pf what he or is trainer thinks during the fight, not for one second can he afford to let off of the gas. He can counterpunch to quite possibly another loss, or be more agressive in pressing the issue. Itll be a good fight, and i expect much of the same. Punch output has decreased for both fighters in the last 3 fights, and i almost expect the same for this one. Marquez needs to press the issue.

As far as marquez criticizing judges, i dont really care. He has a right to speak his mind imo, as he is the one in the ring taking punches providing the entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            marquez firmly believes he won all three fights with pacquiao and the only reason pacquiao won was because the judges handed him a victory. there are obviously varying opinions on who won those fights. it's reasonable and logical to justify either could have taken the decision.

in the 3rd fight, compubox statistics show that pacquiao was more effective, connecting at a higher average than before. he threw more punches than marquez, landed more punches than marquez. if only marquez had been more active and effective in the 12th, enough to win it on all three judges' cards, he would have had a draw -- still short of the win he felt he deserved, but not another loss. everything goes back to this single point: you can claim that you were robbed once, but you can’t be robbed three times. you can’t say that the judges screwed you over three separate times. if it's anybody's fault it's marquez's corner for telling him that he was ahead. i'm no expert but if i was in his corner, i'd be telling him that the fight is close and to go out there and finish the fight, but marquez did the exact opposite when he lifted his foot off the gas.

all marquez is doing is motivating pacquiao. think about it, if pacquiao was nowhere near peak form (more mental than physical) during the 3rd fight, then just imagine what pacquiao looks like if his at 100%.

your thoughts?

Compubox isnt the only indication of how a fight went and they are usually incorrect so don't be a dumbass.
            I had Marquez up by 2 rounds coming into the 12th round so his corner telling him he was ahead (which he was) was the right thing to do. Considering if he went all out against Pacquiao he may get knocked out/down.
            Dont start with this "pacquiao was 70%" for this fight and was 69% for that fight, he..like most boxers at his level will come in pretty much 100%...they're professional boxers not two guys who work a 40 hours week and do a couple rounds in the gym to flow off steam.
            One more flat performance from Pacquiao and im afraid his relevance in boxing is going to be in serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
              Compubox isnt the only indication of how a fight went and they are usually incorrect so don't be a dumbass.
              I had Marquez up by 2 rounds coming into the 12th round so his corner telling him he was ahead (which he was) was the right thing to do. Considering if he went all out against Pacquiao he may get knocked out/down.
              Dont start with this "pacquiao was 70%" for this fight and was 69% for that fight, he..like most boxers at his level will come in pretty much 100%...they're professional boxers not two guys who work a 40 hours week and do a couple rounds in the gym to flow off steam.
              One more flat performance from Pacquiao and im afraid his relevance in boxing is going to be in serious question.
              i'm not out to change your opinion. marquez was the under dog, and it's always easy to route for the underdog, if you had marquez winning by a wide margin, then there is no point to this. pacquiao may have won the fight but it is marquez who has won more fans

Comment

just like pacs so called ho-mo christian scandal cost him the bradley fight!

Comment

Originally posted by prtyboybladeage View Post
                  Lol @your sig, if only Fraud Jr. fought that way in the ring, he might actually be fun to watch.

Comment

Warquez didn't screw Pacquiao. Pacquiao screwed Pacquiao.

December 8th.

Comment

Working...
                    X