Criteria for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    Why would they be pertinent to discussing people who actually boxed~
    They aren't I am just illustrating how talent doesn't mean anything if you don't do anything with it. If a fighter won because he is talented we should rate him on the quality of his wins not why he won.

Comment

so 65% resume 20% ability 10% Legacy and 5% how they compare past present and future in their divisions, got be a shorter to say that

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        They aren't I am just illustrating how talent doesn't mean anything if you don't do anything with it. If a fighter won because he is talented we should rate him on the quality of his wins not why he won.
        Rating a fighter on talent is somewhat of a guessing game as there's no real way to measure talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          If you are a fighter and you are naturally talented at it you are doing something with it~

Natural ability plays a role, you can be a natural and if you are getting discussed about at this level obviously the guy did something with their natural ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
            Rating a fighter on talent is somewhat of a guessing game as there's no real way to measure talent.
            You can't discount it either, that is why it is purely opinion

Comment

ATG criteria should be based on the ff. in IMO.
              70% Resume - beating a couple of HOF fighters or multiple division champs.
              20% Weight class - beating as many division champs as many weight classes.
              10% Skills and attributes

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                If you are a fighter and you are naturally talented at it you are doing something with it~

Natural ability plays a role, you can be a natural and if you are getting discussed about at this level obviously the guy did something with their natural ability.
                Which is win, Zab Judah has more talent than plenty of fighters who had better careers than he has had thus far.

He can have all of the talent and ability in the world but without the quality wins he is nowhere near the ATG discussion.

Comment

I just like what you said about Judah straight up truth

Comment

Working...
                  X