No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana: I Feel Better at 140, 147 Didn't Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana: I Feel Better at 140, 147 Didn't Work

This past Saturday night was a humbling one for Argentinean brute Marcos Maidana.

Fighting inside of the Scottrade Center in his opponent Devon Alexander’ s native St. Louis, Missouri, Maidana was thoroughly outclassed over the course of ten agonizing rounds. The scorecards reading 100-90 twice and 99-91 were a reflection of just how dominant and precise Alexander was throughout the evening as Maidana struggled to get into an offensive rhythm.

[Click Here To Read More]

we will be waiting for your return gallant warrior.

warcos wardana.

Comment

He takes defeat like a man, some others should follow his example.

Comment

If he struggles to get to 140, that really weakens the argument. So then, say 143, wouldn't be a struggle but be about right. What's a few more lbs then to 147?

He's just used to being a lot bigger in fight, which is just him losing his weight advantage.

It's similar to Abraham. I like both guys, but the weight thing only goes part of the way to excuse poor performances for me. They lack skill.

They are both warriors, hard hitters, but are used to being bigger and bulleying guys.

Comment

And the pre fight excuse is revealed how predictable if he had of won then he wouldn't of said squat this is him part blaming the weight on his loss to save face nothing else he would of got beat at 140 by Alexander so it's not the weight he got beat by a better fighter less off the excuses.

Comment

It was more a case of 147 suited Devon , you could see clearly how much more substance Devon had at this weight , add to that Maidana is not skilled enough to fight bigger guys with better skills , weight does not help a slugger like it helps a skilled fighter that has been straining to make weights , happened with Ortiz as well , draining yourself takes away resistance .

Comment

Originally posted by SelectOne View Post
              And the pre fight excuse is revealed how predictable if he had of won then he wouldn't of said squat this is him part blaming the weight on his loss to save face nothing else he would of got beat at 140 by Alexander so it's not the weight he got beat by a better fighter less off the excuses.
              i guess you didnt read this part of the article:

"No excuses because Devon out-boxed me all night as he had a great night. He never gave me enough space and I didn't know how to make it either.”

Comment

styles make fights

All alexander did was hold. Theres a video or thread that said he clinched over 100 times without any warning or anything

Maidana would still be a top fighter at 147 against fighters like Ortiz and Berto and if he gets a better trainer who can teach him 1) proper footwork 2) how to push off and not let your opponent clinch, than he would destroy fighters like alexander

Comment

bull****..........you just got exposed as a 1 dimensional brawler with no real gameplan. another fighter will do the same exact thing to you at any weight if you don't have a actual gameplan maidana.

i hate when fighters IGNORE ALL OF THEIR FLAWS to excuse it on weight or injury.

Comment

It's probably more of a case of him losing the physical ability to walk through fire and hurt his opponent like he used to. I doubt that will improve at 140.

Comment

Working...
                    X