No announcement yet.

Boxing Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Year

I want your opinion of the greatest boxing year ever!

Wow that is very difficult especially being younger......You should break it into decades or 5 year periods it is really difficult to say either way tho.

Comment

For me, I'll go with 1970-1975. You had Joe Frazier in his prime, George Foreman is his prime, Ali had returned to boxing, the 3 legendary wars of Ali and Frazier. The first half of the 70's was arguably the toughest and most talented era of boxing. You had Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Norton, Lyle, Chuvalo, Quarry, Bonavena, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydog
        For me, I'll go with 1970-1975. You had Joe Frazier in his prime, George Foreman is his prime, Ali had returned to boxing, the 3 legendary wars of Ali and Frazier. The first half of the 70's was arguably the toughest and most talented era of boxing. You had Foreman, Frazier, Ali, Norton, Lyle, Chuvalo, Quarry, Bonavena, etc.
        agreed, was going to say the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by habZ
          agreed, was going to say the same thing
          See and I was still a stain on the sheet......my favorite has to be 95 to 05 since they have been the years I have been most into boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by raesaad
            See and I was still a stain on the sheet......my favorite has to be 95 to 05 since they have been the years I have been most into boxing.

, ive been into boxing since like last year

Comment

personally, i thing the greatest individual boxing year is 1971. it was the year of the fight of the century. two undefeated heavyweight champions fighting against each other, aaaaahh! this brought the first 5mil dollar gate in boxing history, an unprecedented amount at the time. ticket sales and theater sales for the fight skyrocketed. it was something unlike anything anyone has ever seen prior to, and in my opinion after as well. 1971 was truly a year to remember in boxing!

Comment

personally, i thing the greatest individual boxing year is 1971. it was the year of the fight of the century. two undefeated heavyweight champions fighting against each other, aaaaahh! this brought the first 5mil dollar gate in boxing history, an unprecedented amount at the time. ticket sales and theater sales for the fight skyrocketed. it was something unlike anything anyone has ever seen prior to, and in my opinion after as well. 1971 was truly a year to remember in boxing!
                I really wish I was alive at that time to witness the electricity surrounding that fight. It would have been amazing to be there.

Comment

1974 fight between ali and foreman

Comment

Originally posted by fistlegend
                    1974 fight between ali and foreman
                    but that fight wasn't built up as much as the fight of the century.

Comment

Working...
                    X