No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin on Fighting Sergio Martinez, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin on Fighting Sergio Martinez, More

Gennady Golovkin (24-0, 21 KOs) feels he is just entering his prime. It's why after his HBO contest on Saturday with Gabe Rosado at The Theater at Madison Square Garden (9:45 p.m. ET), he hopes to fight four more times in 2013.

"I want to fight five times [this year] because I feel so physicaly good and so physically ready," Golovkin told BoxingScene.com. "I understand the situation in this division There are guys like Sergio Martinez and guys like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. But I don’t care who I fight, I just want to fight. I want to stay active because I’m at the peak of my physical condition. I feel really, really good. I just want to stay active."
    [Click Here To Read More]

I fuq with this dude. No BS. No games. Just wants to fight.

Comment

Let me guess, GGG beats Martinez too? Burner if it was up to you Viloria would beat Martinez.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
        Let me guess, GGG beats Martinez too? Burner if it was up to you Viloria would beat Martinez.

It's not about who he can or cannot beat. It has everything to do with his mindset and his willingness to fight. Until the time someone derails him he is going to be dangerous for anyone he steps into the ring with.

Comment

Dibella has nightmares over Golovkin-Martinez and loosing his cash cow in Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            It's not about who he can or cannot beat. It has everything to do with his mindset and his willingness to fight. Until the time someone derails him he is going to be dangerous for anyone he steps into the ring with.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw
              Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Guerrero and Canelo have a lot of willingless to fight Mayweather does that mean they're gonna beat him?

Comment

i really hope he's not looking by rosado. he's not goign to be in much danger of losing, but it'd be a shame to see him pass up the opportunity to improve against an agressive fighter in his prime in rosado. rosado is one of his best opponents as a pro, if not the best.

golovkin should use this opportunity to try and put some polish on his game. he's not going to take martinez' shots the way he took proksa's. if you're golovkin, work on your defence, box a bit, and then go in for the knockout. you already know how to bang.

i doubt golovkin will go that rout, though. he's 30. what you've seen is probably what you'll get. he'll improve some, but he won't be overhauling his style.

Golovkin by KO in five

Comment

I've only seen GGG fight 2 time against Proska. But the good thing about him is that he's getting the hype. If he gets anymore hbo dates after tonight (if he wins at all), then there won't be any reason for the other stars, Martinez/JCC jr not to fight him.

Comment

I think he would have a hard time against Chavez jr....and an even harder time against Martinez

Comment

Working...
                    X