Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Junior Witter: I'd Love Malignaggi Shot, I'd Stop Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Junior Witter: I'd Love Malignaggi Shot, I'd Stop Him!

Junior Witter is aiming to make up for lost time when he steps into the ring for a "must-win" fight against Colin Lynes on Saturday night.

'The Hitter' will be bidding to win the British welterwight title at the Hillsborough Leisure Centre in Sheffield against an opponent he has already beaten before.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was a Witter fan but this dude is finished now.

Comment

I'd like to see Malignaggi vs Witter that's a good match up.. make it happen! If Witter beats Lynes there's no reason they shouldn't make it. Its a good fight for Malignaggi before he fights Alexander (assuming he beats Witter). And if Witter beats Malignaggi he could have a rematch with Alexander at 147 and see if he does any better.

Comment

Witter at his best would have beat the hell outa of most of these guys. He's clearly been past it for quite a few years now.

Comment

How the hell does ****ter get a shot at the British Welterweight Title after he lost to Yassine El Maachi?

In fact, El Maachi beat both of these guys.

Fukin boxing
          Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 05-12-2012, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            How the hell does ****ter get a shot at the British Welterweight Title after he lost to Yassine El Macchi?
            Well that was prizefighter final, he did beat other fighters that same night and Macchi just scrapped by with a majority decision after 3 rounds. I dont put much into prizefighter though, fighters who take time to warm up in a fight go out quickly.. look what happened to danny williams.. witter also won a 6 rounder since then and he was at one point the best jww in the world, apparently hatton ducked him for years right?

Comment

Originally posted by WeedHead View Post
              Well that was prizefighter final, he did beat other fighters that same night and Macchi just scrapped by with a majority decision after 3 rounds. I dont put much into prizefighter though, fighters who take time to warm up in a fight go out quickly.. look what happened to danny williams.. witter also won a 6 rounder since then and he was at one point the best jww in the world, apparently hatton ducked him for years right?
              Doesn't matter. El Maachi holds wins over both these guys but he can't get a fight while they fight for the British title?

Makes no sense.

Comment

Just go away Junior

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Doesn't matter. El Maachi holds wins over both these guys but he can't get a fight while they fight for the British title?

Makes no sense.
                  Again it goes back to prizefighter, no one really puts much weight into the wins/losses in that tournament.. for example danny williams wouldn't have lost to carl baker in a 6, 8 or 10 round fight. he probably would have knocked Baker out in 5 or 6 but instead Baker beats Williams because he's a slow starter. Even that outta prime version of Williams beats Baker in a longer fight.

Macchi already has a fight scheduled for the same month as Witter vs Lynes so the timings off but I wouldn't mind if the winner fights Macchi, if Macchi beats Toms of course. If Macchi loses to Toms then he'll probably fight the loser.

Comment

Originally posted by WeedHead View Post
                    Again it goes back to prizefighter, no one really puts much weight into the wins/losses in that tournament.. for example danny williams wouldn't have lost to carl baker in a 6, 8 or 10 round fight. he probably would have knocked Baker out in 5 or 6 but instead Baker beats Williams because he's a slow starter. Even that outta prime version of Williams beats Baker in a longer fight.

Macchi already has a fight scheduled for the same month as Witter vs Lynes so the timings off but I wouldn't mind if the winner fights Macchi, if Macchi beats Toms of course. If Macchi loses to Toms then he'll probably fight the loser.
                    You're talking about hypotheticals. The fact is El Maachi beat both these guys on the same night. Why are they fighting for the British title? You can't say "oh well they would've beaten him over 12 rounds". Theres no basis for that.

El Maachi should've been getting a shot. Most people who win Prizefighter get a break but it seems the losers are getting all the breaks in this version.

Comment

Working...
                    X