No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kimbo Slice Ready For Action on Mundine-Geale Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kimbo Slice Ready For Action on Mundine-Geale Card

Global icon fighter Kimbo Slice, who's promoted by Gary Shaw Productions, is less than a week away from his highly anticipated 4-round bout against QLD Heavyweight champion Shane Tilyard. The bout takes place at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, on Wednesday, January 30, as the co-feature on the undercard of Mundine vs. Geale II.

Earlier today Kimbo recently spent time with the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, one of Australia's professional Rugby league teams. He watched the team train and afterwards posed with the players while answering questions from the media.

[Click Here To Read More]

I stopped reading as soon as Kimbo Slice was referred to as a 'global icon'.

I noticed that the writer didn't attach his name to the article, presumably out of shame for having done so.

Comment

Had to Google what the hell a "QLD Champion" was, and figure why such a champion fights 4 rounders.

Meh......

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

I noticed that the writer didn't attach his name to the article, presumably out of shame for having done so.
        I do miss the glory days of him beating up puddings in car parks.

I never admired him, I admired the bloated puddings who had the nuts to fight him despite any sort of discernible fighting ability. Sort of a triumph of human spirit, really.

Comment

...people actually pay attention to Kimbo Slice? Oh what a world we live in where fighting frat boys in a car park can make you a "global fighting icon" (yeah I'm disgusted by that as well) and get you more attention than an incredible amateur background.

Come on Shane, end the hype train.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

It's not an article, it's a press release. You can tell when there's no author. I do wish Boxing Scene would make this clearer though. Most other sites actually put the words "press release" when they put one out.

Comment

Say what you want, he's done pretty good for a back yard brawler.

Comment

I think Slice vs. Mansour or Mitchell should happen if he beats this australian guy.
                But im sure Kimbo would lose both. But it would be great as long as it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_prospect View Post
                  ...people actually pay attention to Kimbo Slice? Oh what a world we live in where fighting frat boys in a car park can make you a "global fighting icon" (yeah I'm disgusted by that as well) and get you more attention than an incredible amateur background.

Come on Shane, end the hype train.
                  Wtf is a car park? Is that a way of saying parking lot?

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
                    Wtf is a car park? Is that a way of saying parking lot?
                    A case of English-English and American-English not quite being the same. Yes it's where you "park your car", as oppose to park your erm, lot I guess....

Comment

Working...
                    X