No announcement yet.

David Price vs. Tony Thompson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Thompson is definitely a big step up from Audrey Harrison. A win over Thompson (who's never really lost to anyone except Wladimir Klitschko) will move Price up in the heavyweight rankings.

It's good that Price is fighting more often now, instead of taking five months between fights (like between Sexton and Audrey).
    Look at his resume, though.

Comment

I thinks its a decent fight for Price to start the year with. Thompson is a recognisable name, and a win will get Price a bit more attention in America.

I think we will see both Price and Fury facing better competition towards the back end of 2013.

Comment

Aintree or Echo?
        Decent step up for Price.
        Thompson doesn't come to survive, so hopefully this'll be fun whilst it lasts

Comment

Echo Arena apparently mate.

Comment

Should be a good fight while it lasts.

Comment

Price KO. Anywhere from the 5th. Thompson is too old now, and Wlad probably took a lot out of him.

Comment

Thompson is definitely a proper name.

He also has the experience against some OK-ish men and will at least come to fight and win.... because, when you've faced WK in Germany in some major stadium fights, you ain't going to worry and shiver about DP in Liverpool.

But, the cynical side of me says TT is 40, he's probably not made a great deal of money from the game, and he now needs to roll the dice and beat a young, dangerous contender in his own backyard to get a third crack at the world title or just land a few late, big bucks.

Price wins this one, but he may have to go the distance and take his first proper lumps. The far bigger, 'live' threats to DP are Pulev, Fury, Haye, Helenius, Wilder and possibly Boystov and a fully-fit, focussed Solis.

Comment

Tony Thompson is old. But he's big and strong and has a very awkward southpaw style, so the experience of fighting him will be beneficial for Price.

Comment

Good opponent and a live dog too IMO

Tall, experienced, durable southpaw with decent power who has only really lost to Wladimir, I don't think we can ask for more at this stage & I truly believe Thompson is a lot better than Johnson, despite his age and certainly lightyears ahead of anything Wilders faced.

Comment

This is a joke fight. I'd expect Tunney to know better but for whatever reason he's pretending its legit.

We know Price can ko old men and tomato cans, its time he step up. Kubrat Pulev is a guy he needs to go after. He's only got 17 fights himself. Yeah, I know they're both trying to hit the Klitschko lottery but fighting a bunch of scrubs ko victims isn't going to prepare them for that or help them improve.

I'd prefer even someone like Peter or Chisora than fuck ass Tony Thompson who is nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X