No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Camacho's Condition Worsens, Now on Life Support

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Camacho's Condition Worsens, Now on Life Support

Former world champion Hector "Macho" Camacho, 50-years-old, was in critical condition Wednesday after being shot in Bayamon, Puerto Rico on Tuesday night - with doctors and his family expected to wrestle with whether to take him off life support after his condition worsened.

Camacho was outside a bar in a parked Ford Mustang with a friend when he was shot in the face. The friend, identified as 49-year-old Adrian Mojica Moreno, was killed. Camacho was rushed to Centro Medico, where doctors initially said he was fortunate in that the bullet passed through his head and lodged in his shoulder. Torres did state that Camacho could be paralyzed from the shooting.
    [Click Here To Read More]

From everything I've gathered this morning it appears he doesn't have long. Prayers to the family.

Comment

Hang in there, Hector!

Comment

Unfortunately the news here in Puerto Rico that just came out is that he's brain dead.. So it's just a matter of time.. I had the privilege to meet him a couple of months ago at a boxing card & he was really cool & a funny guy.. He will be missed..

Comment

It's just been declared that he is brain dead, truly sad. It's on the Puerto Rican newspaper, El Nuevo Dia.

Comment

Fight Hector Fight!!! This news really bummed me out..

Comment

he fought as long as he could.he's gone. descansa en paz, Macho.

Comment

Sad sad stuff. Prayers go out to his family.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

In Puerto Rico they declared him brain dead.

Comment

Once they have to deeply test if there is any brain activity usually its over.

My prayers to him and his family

Comment

Working...
                    X