Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac avoids a Floyd fight, is it the equivalent of retiring to avoid opposition?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pac avoids a Floyd fight, is it the equivalent of retiring to avoid opposition?

It's hard to see Team Pac avoiding a fight after all the talk of getting Floyd in the ring

But, would it be the equivalent of retiring from the sport and returning after Floyd had suffered a defeat, with the defeated fighter not really warranting a matchup anymore?
    Last edited by TRAVI$; 12-03-2009, 02:38 PM.

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
    It's hard to see Team Pac avoiding a fight after all the talk of getting Floyd in the ring

But, would it be the equivalent of trash talking, claiming to be the best... then retiring and eventually returning after some likely opponents had been dethroned/defeated?
    So, if he wants to fight a later date, is he ducking Floyd? Unless Pac says, "no, I don't wanna fight Floyd at all" then I wouldn't consider it ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedubbzz07 View Post
      So, if he wants to fight a later date, is he ducking Floyd? Unless Pac says, "no, I don't wanna fight Floyd at all" then I wouldn't consider it ducking.
      If Pac went on to sign for a different fight, avoiding a Floyd matchup... would it be similar to retiring from the sport, then returning after say Floyd had lost to Paul Williams.
      Last edited by TRAVI$; 12-03-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

If Pac went on to sign for a different fight, avoiding a Floyd matchup... would it be similar to retiring from the sport, then returning after say Floyd had lost to Paul Williams.
        Yeah, if Pac signed to fight the Rabbi, that would definitely be ducking. Retiring is probably worse because you're basically saying I'd rather not fight at all than fight you.

Comment

Yeah, if Pac signed to fight the Rabbi, that would definitely be ducking. Retiring is probably worse because you're basically saying I'd rather not fight at all than fight you.
          So you'd say retiring from the sport, then returning after a likely opponent had lost is the equivalent of completely turning down a fight with that opponent?

Comment

Difference being you can't say Floyd retired to avoid competition. He retired because no fights were appealing enough (lucrative enough) to override his need to rest his body and spend some time away from boxing.

I don't think Pacquiao will duck Mayweather anyway, the fight will get made one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
              Difference being you can't say Floyd retired to avoid competition. He retired because no fights were appealing enough (lucrative enough) to override his need to rest his body and spend some time away from boxing.

I don't think Pacquiao will duck Mayweather anyway, the fight will get made one way or the other.
              If so, Isn't that annoying to you as a fan?
              That he only cares about money and not facing the best opposition available.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post

Yes the fight will get made.
                Both fighters want the money.

Comment

So you'd say retiring from the sport, then returning after a likely opponent had lost is the equivalent of completely turning down a fight with that opponent?
                  Damn straight! Unless he fights the guy when comes back from retirement, that's ducking!

Comment

Damn straight! Unless he fights the guy when comes back from retirement, that's ducking!
                    Thank you, sir.

Comment

Working...
                    X