Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Shane Mosley a legend?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess calling Shane Mosley a legend is better than calling Winky Wright a legend. Because people were actually calling Winky Wright a legend recently Winky Wright.

But, Shane Mosley is not even an ATG. Let alone a boxing legend.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      He wasn't a legend ion the grand scope of the sport obviously, but in his era, and recent times, certainly can be argued so, the amount of new fans to the sport who come in when a great fighter (small term great) like Mosley is over the hump, and refuse to look into the past and judge from when they entered the sport forward just make me laugh with their ignorance.

Almost every notable fighter who retires, or dies gets called a legend in remembrance, it's a sign of respect and acknowledgement, why is that so hard for other people to respect?Why do people need to try and start an argument over it?
      All things in context. In context, Gatti was a legend to his hometown, so was Ward, Cotto probably is too, as is Hatton, and Pacquiao to his people. Are they legends in the grand scope of boxing, taking into account all the fighers in history? Of course. Not. Context people, context.
      When I say he's not a legend to hardcore fans I mean he's not up there with the super all time greats but he is a legend for this era but you have to remember all his fans didn't just come when he was over the hump he had fans before that when he was still a great fighter a even a good one. But I'm not taking anything away from him idc anything about the roids or none of that he's a great fighter and legend for this era period

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you'd be pretty shocked to hear the way they were talking about him when he was a LW
        the gun got jumped a bit, which happens in boxing, but the guy was special in his prime

anybody saying otherwise didn't get a good enough look

the term legend is quite subjective. shane mosley's got hall of fame credentials.

and that chin?
        legend.
        that divorce?
        legend.
        The point is, how can a cheater get that much praise? The fact that he got caught after the Oscar fight puts a question mark on all his fights before that. After he got caught, he wasn't looking so good. So you got to ask yourself, was that the first time Mosley was doping?? Or was that the first time he got caught? My thing is, you can't give Shane Mosley credit without giving Lamont Peterson credit.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          The point is, how can a cheater get that much praise? The fact that he got caught after the Oscar fight puts a question mark on all his fights before that. After he got caught, he wasn't looking so good. So you got to ask yourself, was that the first time Mosley was doping?? Or was that the first time he got caught? My thing is, you can't give Shane Mosley credit without giving Lamont Peterson credit.
          Easy. I will tell you the same thing I told people that try and make that argument against Barry Bonds.

Roids don't make you skillful or talented, I could take roids for the rest of my life and I will probably never hit a home run, win a world title, or anything of the sort. People put too much stock into PED's like they will actually make you better. You still have to be good at the sport people! Roids only enhance you. Roids didn't make Mosley, Bonds, or anyone. They just give you an edge.
          Mosley was good at what he did regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I guess calling Shane Mosley a legend is better than calling Winky Wright a legend. Because people were actually calling Winky Wright a legend recently Winky Wright.

But, Shane Mosley is not even an ATG. Let alone a boxing legend.
            I don't see how he's not a ATG I mean that man fought everyone and there momma had a lot of good wins great skill even a decent jab when he was younger he really only started taking ass whippins after the mayweather fight and he was done by then he would be a hand full for anyone in his prime because of his chin power and speed plus his will to win when he was younger not to mention he was a 3 division champ

He's a ATG just not one of the all time greatest

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
              I don't see how he's not a ATG I mean that man fought everyone and there momma had a lot of good wins great skill even a decent jab when he was younger he really only started taking ass whippins after the mayweather fight and he was done by then he would be a hand full for anyone in his prime because of his chin power and speed plus his will to win when he was younger not to mention he was a 3 division champ

I don't think you should get ATG status for fighting everyone. Juan Laporte fought everyone, is he an ATG?

He was a good fighter, a HOF'er no question. But his resume isn't ATG worthy at all IMO.

Comment

When I say he's not a legend to hardcore fans I mean he's not up there with the super all time greats but he is a legend for this era but you have to remember all his fans didn't just come when he was over the hump he had fans before that when he was still a great fighter a even a good one. But I'm not taking anything away from him idc anything about the roids or none of that he's a great fighter and legend for this era period
                When I say he's not a legend, I mean, he's not a legend that people makes him out to be. I mean, who named him Sugar? Who...the ****, put Sugar in front of his name? Was that really necessary? I'm actually waiting for an answer. This is not a rhetorical question. I mean, someone had to have started it right? Someone tell me. Who?

Comment

the fact that mosley has such a nice smile while having a nose that ugly makes him a legend to me.

Comment

I can fight everyone and lose against everyone. Would I be an ATG?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post

shane mosley was a legendary ( @ the new buzz word) amateur in california. gobs of talent. 250 plus amateur fights with 15 losses.

if you're asserting that the talent he displayed throughout his pro career was solely the product of his drug use i'd say that's wrong.

is there a pall cast over some of his resume because of the steroid accusations/proof of use?
                      sure.

the guy admitted to using PED's for certain fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X