Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Montiel Rejects Jayson Velez Showdown For 10/5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Montiel Rejects Jayson Velez Showdown For 10/5

Puerto Rican featherweight prospect Jayson Velez (20-0, 15KOs) is still having some trouble locking down an opponent for his return on October 5th at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida. The card was headlined by a junior middleweight fight between Miguel Cotto and Delvin Rodriguez. Velez said his promoter, Miguel Cotto Promotions, tried to get former champion Fernando Montiel (50-4-2, 34KOs) of Mexico, but he rejected the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Of course he did. Jayson Velez would finish Montiel sending him into retirement once and for all.

Comment

if he beats another Mexican fighter I wonder who he will dedicate that win to this time...

Comment

Montiel has no business at Featherweight. Velez should for look fighters his own size.

Comment

Ricans always trying to pick on older smaller mexican fighters but they get their ass beat salido and arce case in point

Comment

I know it's popular to piss all over Donaire these days, and for good reason, but when it comes to Montiel I could not possibly give less of a shit about him even if I tried. The days of him being relevant after Hasegawa (another now-irrelevant fighter) and the lead-up to Donaire are loooong gone.

Comment

They want to get his name on their records

Comment

Always amusing, offer the fighter peanuts, of course he rejects the low-ball offer, then tell the press the guy doesn't wanna fight you. Classic b.s.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                  Always amusing, offer the fighter peanuts, of course he rejects the low-ball offer, then tell the press the guy doesn't wanna fight you. Classic b.s.
                  Let's see what they say now that Montiel's team offered him three times as much as Velez was getting offered.

Comment

They aint giving Velez 3 times what he is going to win fighting on the Cotto-undercard, and velez aint going to mexico to get robbed and lose on his title opportunity and more important the exposure he is going to get fighting on HBO, rather than on televisa! No brainer!

Sorry Montiel people nice attempt at saving face, but aint gona happen!

Comment

Working...
                    X