Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye To Vitali: No Slow Robot From Ukraine Beats Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tripper View Post
    Wladimir must be a fast robot then haye
    Took the words right out of my keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony B. View Post
      What are people talking about on here? Why shoud Vitali fight give Haye a payday? Hayes best career win was over a faded John Ruiz, he's been dropped and knocked-out by average cruiserweights, and he got a gift decision over Valuev. In his biggest fight, he talked trash (and conned the world into believing it) before barely even making "glass-chinned" Wlad break a sweat in route to a shut-out. Then he displayed his "hurt" pinky toe on live TV! People are on here calling Haye an All Time Great!!! LOL!!!!!
      Lol dude, you clearly haven't seen any of Haye's fight besides the Wlad & Valuev fight - Like most "fans" on this site. I would like to know the so-called avg. CW who has knocked Haye out? Who is it? Because I must have missed that, watching all of his fights. People forget that Haye had to do what he had to do against Valuev, and yes he failed against Wlad. So ****ing what? These guys have 40-100 pounds on him, and he's trying to fight the bigger guys.

Comment

It's amazing how people cherish Haye when it comes to compare him against old way over prime Vitali and how they call him a bum when it comes to give Wlad a credit for beating him.

Is Haye A level fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          It's amazing how people cherish Haye when it comes to compare him against old way over prime Vitali and how they call him a bum when it comes to give Wlad a credit for beating him.

Is Haye A level fighter?
          It's funny how people trash Lennox for beating Vitali at age 37 suggesting that Vitali is 41 and still going strong. Yet as soon as someone suggests he fight Haye he is old and should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            The ast half og your comment, ( from his big talk) is exactly accurate and contradicts the first half.

Besides, to "give us" that terrific Valuev "fight" he jumped right out of almost completed agreement with Klitschko. but of course we can forgive him, because of the uniqe record he made in this fight. The LOWEST number of punches in a heavyweight fight (maybe ANY fight) ever, averaging 5 punches per round. And he didn't deserve the decision.

And as for not doing so well against Wladimir Klitschko, he did distinctly unwell, making a travesty of the fight, like a buffoon, dropping to his knees about 20 or more times, when not being hit. He should have bee DQd after about the 4-5th time.

It was far worse than Hopkins -Morade Hakkar. THAT, says everything, if you know anything about boxing history.........and that's only "if",,,,
            Overall I think this was a very entertaining fight to watch, I don't think it was at all the shutout that some people described, nor was it the barn-burner some predicted.

Neither man had too many real eyegrabbing moments in the fight, and did not land too many right hands - infact Haye probably shaded both the latter, but Wlad won because of his excellent ring generalship, he managed to force Haye to fight out of his comfort zone for the majority of the fight, limiting him to wild amateurish swings. He followed a gameplan devised by Steward almost without fault and it deservedly got him the win.

1. Wlad minimized the openings for Haye to attack
            2. Kept him on the backfoot and off-balance
            3. Refused to engage and give Haye an opportunity to floor him

He fought the fight at range at his distance

In the words of Emmanuel Steward they 'completely shut him down stylistically'

Haye was a difficult opponent for Wlad, he had a lot of attributes that could have caused him problems, but Wlad handled him well and Haye/Booths lack of a plan B hurt him badly.

I came out of this fight having greater respect for both mens abilities - Haye because I thought he would be absolutely jabbed to death and lulled into taking right hand after right hand ala most of Wlads other opponents, while I felt he coped very well with Wlads jab, avoiding most of or rolling with them even though they were excellently thrown.

And I was very impressed with Wlads speed - as I'm sure Haye was, he kept in step with him throughout the fight, he's a genuine athlete.

In short I think both men's performance was underrated, they each did subtle things very well.

Comment

Haye will take the Chris T Byrd route and TKO Vitali if he ever dares to take that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                CW who has knocked Haye out? Who is it? Because I must have missed that

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                  wlad and vitali are different fighters though.. why talk about them like they're the same person? it doesnt happen with ricky and matthew hatton, glen and nonito donaire, anthony and lamont peterson, jose and miguel cotto (etc) so there's no reason why it should happen with the klitschko brothers.
                  Wlad and Vit are much more similar than Matthew and Ricky. For starters, they have both been world champions. Ricky did but Matthew never came remotely close.

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                  David Haye FACTS

26 Have Tried, 26 Have Failed
                  Has Never Truly Lost
                  • Slick
                  & Black
                  • CW All Time Great
                  Has Dominated All opponents
                  • Never been behind on the scorecards
                  • Went 12 Rounds with Wladimir Klitschko in a Sparring Match with a Broken Toe.
                  • Completely dominated Dereck Chisora who went the distance with Vitali Klitschko.
                  Most exciting Heavyweight since Ali.
                  • Has yet to hit his full PRIME.
                  • Convinced Lennox Lewis to stay in retirement due to his awesomeness.
                  • Scared Vitali into 'false retirement'. (TKO4)
                  • Most talked about Boxer of his era.
                  The 'Mayweather' of Europe.

Haye - "I am like fine wine, the older the better. I will keep on fighting for many, many years"

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Took the words right out of my keyboard.
                  same here, lol

Comment

lol, haye must be forgetting that he already has been beaten by a robot from ukraine! And not only beaten, he fought like he was scared, constantly on his knees trying to suck wlad off.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
                      Lol dude, you clearly haven't seen any of Haye's fight besides the Wlad & Valuev fight - Like most "fans" on this site. I would like to know the so-called avg. CW who has knocked Haye out? Who is it? Because I must have missed that, watching all of his fights. People forget that Haye had to do what he had to do against Valuev, and yes he failed against Wlad. So ****ing what? These guys have 40-100 pounds on him, and he's trying to fight the bigger guys.
                      Carl Thompson knocked him out in five rounds. Lolenga Mock had him out on his feet. He was also dropped by Mormeck. It appears you are the one who hasn't seen all of his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X