Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather ever faced someone with footwork and movement as good as Pac's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesher View Post
    Now this is NOT a bait thread, serious question:

Has Floyd ever faced anyone with footwork and movement around the ring as good as Pac's?

We always hear about how Pac faces opponents who come straight forward and suit his style perfectly. Well Floyd is a counter puncher and fights against mostly orthodox "stand in front of you" fighters, I'd say that suits his style perfectly.

I'd be interested to see how he deals with an opponent who can get in from distance, give him crazy angles, flurry, score points and get out.

If anyone has any examples of this in Floyd's previous fights, please post a link!
    LMAO...all this footwork and movement but slow ass Margarito and stationary Clottey can hit you?

All this footwork and movement but JMM outlanded him in 2 fights and won more rounds out of the 24 they fought?

gimme a break

Comment

You might laugh, but Hattons footwork and movement is pretty good

Comment

No, he hasn't but he adopts very well.

Comment

Originally posted by IdNod4u2 View Post
          Lets face it, what Pac has done in his last 4 or 5 fights is EXTRA ORDINARY Which equals ABOVE ORDINARY= NOT NORMAL.

Floyd has not faced a boxer who is Extra-Ordinary.
          Guess what?
          There are no Extra Ordinary Boxers right now.

Hence the suspicion.

If all fighters were doing what Pac was doing. It would be the norm and you would not have *******s worshiping him and calling him "god".

That said Pac has not faced a boxer with the abilities of Floyd.
          Should we be suspicious of Floyd. No. Because he has a defense and skill that we have seen before in the likes of, Ali. Whitaker, Somewhat like Jones, Meldrick Taylor...Those types.

Blah!

At least try and be original instead of regurgitating talking points from what Floyd Senior and others have said.

Comment

Neither fighter has fought styles like each others but Floyd has fought as fast, if not almost as fast hand speed to Manny, fair enough it wasn't someone with consistent hand speed like Manny but still he has expirienced it as opposed to Manny who hasn't faced hand speed close to Floyds.

Also, Floyd has fought pressure fighters, fair enough none of them were as good as Manny is right now, but he has expirianced pressure. Manny has never faced a defensive slick counterpuncher like Floyd, ever.

I'm not saying Manny will loose for these reasons, just saying.

Comment

yes. carlos baldomir.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                You might laugh, but Hattons footwork and movement is pretty good
                This is true, Hatton's footowork is overlooked and underrated. The guy has footspeed. His problem was no coordination with the upper body, too much lunging in with wild hooks etc,.

But yes he had very good footspeed and could get to Floyd much better than other opponents and crowd him.

This isn't a coincidence by the way, Hatton is a Soccer player.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

Blah!

At least try and be original instead of regurgitating talking points from what Floyd Senior and others have said.
                  Listen Man if I were able to write the same thing with a crayon for some of these "fans" to get it BELIEVE ME I WOULD.

Their are many ways to add to 100 but the easiest for a child to understand is 50 + 50.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Neither fighter has fought styles like each others but Floyd has fought as fast, if not almost as fast hand speed to Manny, fair enough it wasn't someone with consistent hand speed like Manny but still he has expirienced it as opposed to Manny who hasn't faced hand speed close to Floyds.

Also, Floyd has fought pressure fighters, fair enough none of them were as good as Manny is right now, but he has expirianced pressure. Manny has never faced a defensive slick counterpuncher like Floyd, ever.

I'm not saying Manny will loose for these reasons, just saying.

Yes Floyd has fought a little bit of everything, but never the total package. And before someone tells me the flaws of Pac and how he is not a total package as opposed to Maywether, let me explain.

Total package as in no Stamina issues = Remember when Floyd fought Judah and Delahoya (two fast fighters with good boxing skills) he counted on the fact that they're front runner and get tired in the late rounds. He's mentioned this throughout both Promotions leading to the fights.

Speed and Power punch - Again Judah had this but remember most of the opponents that Floyd dogged like Gatti, he hyped himself up by saying how flatfooted, slow he is. What can he really say about Pacquiaio, he has no stamina issues, he is fast, he has power and he can mix it up, come in and out using his footspeed.

What can he say.......well what we've already heard, Steroids/HGH.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

Yes Floyd has fought a little bit of everything, but never the total package. And before someone tells me the flaws of Pac and how he is not a total package as opposed to Maywether, let me explain.

Total package as in no Stamina issues = Remember when Floyd fought Judah and Delahoya (two fast fighters with good boxing skills) he counted on the fact that they're front runner and get tired in the late rounds. He's mentioned this throughout both Promotions leading to the fights.

Speed and Power punch - Again Judah had this but remember most of the opponents that Floyd dogged like Gatti, he hyped himself up by saying how flatfooted, slow he is. What can he really say about Pacquiaio, he has no stamina issues, he is fast, he has power and he can mix it up, come in and out using his footspeed.

What can he say.......well what we've already heard, Steroids/HGH.
                      I agree, i wasn't claiming Floyd has fought a single fighter close to Pacqiauo, he hasn't.

I was just saying Mayweather has fought handspeed, and has fought pressure. Although not close to Manny's level of ability or consistency, he has fought it before. On the other hand, Manny has never in his entire career fought speed or defensively slick counterpuncher, thats all.

Comment

Working...
                      X