No announcement yet.

Mercer vs. Sylvia is Denied By The New Jersey Commission

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercer vs. Sylvia is Denied By The New Jersey Commission

The headline bout for the Adrenaline III mixed martial arts event, scheduled for May 30 at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, has been denied by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board. The fight would have seen former WBO heavyweight champion/Olympic gold medal winner Ray Mercer take on former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia in a boxing match. [details]

Excuse my language, but it's refreshing to know that atleast in New Jersey, **** like that doesn't fly. Take that to Wyoming where you can fight in unsanctioned bouts without a blood test.

Comment

"... The NJ Control Board refused to sanction the fight - likely due to Sylvia's size and Mercer being 47-years-old. No official reason was given by the NJ governing body."

I don't get it. What's supposed to be the problem with Sylvia's size? Has he become morbidly obese or something? Well, he wouldn't be the first morbidly obese boxer. And what seems to be the problem with Mercer's age? Isn't that illegal age discrimination?

Comment

Originally posted by werewolf View Post
        "... The NJ Control Board refused to sanction the fight - likely due to Sylvia's size and Mercer being 47-years-old. No official reason was given by the NJ governing body."

I don't get it. What's supposed to be the problem with Sylvia's size? Has he become morbidly obese or something? Well, he wouldn't be the first morbidly obese boxer. And what seems to be the problem with Mercer's age? Isn't that illegal age discrimination?
        I think Sylvia is big as in his height and size. Mercer is getting up there. The fight was a joke. The last time Mercer was sanctioned in AC he was chocked out by Kimbo in under two minutes. I think there must be something with Mercer's health. He stayed away from the US for nearly four years.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          The headline bout for the Adrenaline III mixed martial arts event, scheduled for May 30 at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, has been denied by the New Jersey State Athletic Control Board. The fight would have seen former WBO heavyweight champion/Olympic gold medal winner Ray Mercer take on former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia in a boxing match. [details]
          Ray Mercer is probably broke and needs a payday. He made millions boxing and I think he's squandered most of it away. HEY RAY....GET A DAY JOB.

Comment

Let them fight. Let the promoter lose a bunch of money on that unwatchable **** and discourage anybody else from putting such a spectacle together in the future. Hopefully Mercer will get killed trying to make a quick buck after squandering millions. 2 valuable lessons for the price of none.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              I think Sylvia is big as in his height and size. Mercer is getting up there. The fight was a joke. The last time Mercer was sanctioned in AC he was chocked out by Kimbo in under two minutes. I think there must be something with Mercer's health. He stayed away from the US for nearly four years.
              I think that match was on indian lands. I don't thing the AC had any pull over Mercer/Kimbo.

Comment

Working...
              X