No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Darren Barker is Very Frustrated With Career Setbacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Darren Barker is Very Frustrated With Career Setbacks

Former world middleweight title challenger Darren Barker has revealed he feels like quitting the sport after his latest injury setback.

The 30-year-old Londoner has been forced to pull out of his latest comeback bout with an arm injury, the latest in a long line of problems.

Barker's career has been dogged by injury and inactivity, not least a long-standing hip problem which he has finally overcome.

He had been due to fight for the first time this year against Simone Rotolo at the Alexandra Palace on September 8 before suffering a bicep injury in sparring.

"It was unfortunate, I was in the gym sparring and I caught my elbow on my sparring partner's elbow and damaged the tendon in the bicep so we had a scan and the doctor ruled me out," said Barker (23-1 14KOs). [Click Here To Read More]

Feel bad for Darren. Dude's got skill. Just needs a training camp to happen without the intrusion of an injury. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery. I liked him in the Serg fight simply because he finally gave Maravilla a run for his money in the looks department, at least my wife thought so. She watched that fight with me. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      Feel bad for Darren. Dude's got skill. Just needs a training camp to happen without the intrusion of an injury. Here's wishing him a speedy recovery. I liked him in the Serg fight simply because he finally gave Maravilla a run for his money in the looks department, at least my wife thought so. She watched that fight with me. LOL.

dude showed a lot of heart, it sucks he is plagued with injuries

Comment

Barker's got skill and heart. Bad run of luck. I hope he bounces back. He deserves some more opportunities. He definitely made Martinez earn his dollar that night.

Comment

He has good bases, as he showed against Martinez, although he has to improve in order to become one of the best. I wish him good luck since he impressed me against Martinez and I think he could challenge for a world championship.

Comment

Working...
          X