Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Marquez 4: Sweet Science or Chemical Warfare?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao-Marquez 4: Sweet Science or Chemical Warfare?

Excellent article by Gabe Montoya on PEDs, Memo, Ariza, and the boxing game.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-l...emical-warfare

(Sorry, article is too long to post plus I'm not 100% on posting others original work on these forums).

Interesting that Memo is working with multiple fighters but refuses to name them.

Interesting read I guess.

In my eyes Pac was a PED abuser which explains the run he went on and I think JMM is on them now. My opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      Interesting read I guess.

In my eyes Pac was a PED abuser which explains the run he went on and I think JMM is on them now. My opinion.
      where would Pac get his PEDs, it aint Ariza that's for sure, Alex doesnt look smart enough

IF Pac was ever juicin, that is the question to ask

we know JMM can get it from Heredia, who makes undetectable stuff (if you believe he's actually juicing, which i dont)

Comment

Interesting read, and while I applaud Montoya's continued efforts to investigate the subject matter, it's not easy to see what he's actually recommending here. I guess that boxing writers like him, similar to Walsh and Kimmage in the cycling world, are just trying to keep this issue in the news. God knows there's plenty of people who'd be happier if it went away.

It's also quite difficult to tackle guys like Heredia unless you can access financial records. And you need an extremely strong case plus government backing to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
          where would Pac get his PEDs, it aint Ariza that's for sure, Alex doesnt look smart enough

IF Pac was ever juicin, that is the question to ask

we know JMM can get it from Heredia, who makes undetectable stuff (if you believe he's actually juicing, which i dont)

Ariza doesn't need to have the knowledge about making the drugs. All he needs is a supplier and/or source. Ask Victor Conte.

The writer of the above article is a Conte puppet by the way. Virtually everything Conte says that journalist takes as the gospel of Jesus and runs with it. Chemical Warfare was Conte's term for Pacquaio vs. Marquez 4 and he's been going on and on about it for weeks now.

The irony about Conte's accusations is that there was some rumors about what Zab Judah was using in the weeks leading up to the Amir Khan fight, because of his ties to Conte. Zab looked physically better than he ever did in his career. Real shredded. So much so that Ariza said he had to convince Khan not to worry about that because Khan expressed concern about Zab's physique.

Comment

99% are dirty until 365/24/7

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
              99% are dirty until 365/24/7
              I think that will be how this era gets remembered in the long run sadly. It's not as if the scandals are going to stop coming, and ultimately a big question mark will hang over a whole generation of fighters.

Boxing will never have it as bad as athletics or cycling on this front, because there's so much more of a technical dimension to boxing than either of those fields, but there will be unanswered questions nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                I think that will be how this era gets remembered in the long run sadly. It's not as if the scandals are going to stop coming, and ultimately a big question mark will hang over a whole generation of fighters.

Boxing will never have it as bad as athletics or cycling on this front, because there's so much more of a technical dimension to boxing than either of those fields, but there will be unanswered questions nonetheless.
                It might have to get to the point of a fighter dying in the ring at the hands of a PED user.

Comment

Funny thing is Ariza used to work for Memo,
                  there should have been mandatory random testing for this fight

Comment

Alex told me he has been working with Heredia and he says everything is by the book,” Arum told this reporter earlier this week at the media day for Pacquiao at the Wild Card boxing club in Hollywood, CA.

“Alex is working with Heredia? Since when?” I asked.

“You’d have to ask him” said Arum.

Comment

Working...
                    X