No announcement yet.

Canelo is just that damn good!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    Canelo isn't overrated here... The TS and I are in the minority. He's one of the most criticized boxers in the sport at this point.

Canelo has been slowly and steadily stepping it up, but the NSB's perception of his competition is that he's just facing the same retreads.

In September, he's going to face a Quintana, Bundrage, or Trout by October he'll be scheduled to face Cotto (ready or not...) and I suspect he'll pass those tests; then he'll move on to a Mayweather fight. This September fight is just a high caliber stay busy fight before a Cotto showdown.
    Well he's overrated somewhere if that's the plan for him, Cotto and FMJ in the next 12 months. How about he earn himself his 2nd top 10 divisional win after Ryan Rhodes first?

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
      I'm still waiting for that signature win. The hype and promo around him is telling everybody he is. He sell tickets but is yet to fight a serious opponent
      Mosley was that signature win... hell he knocked Baldomir the fucq out! what more do you want from this 22 year old kid? i've been saying Alverez was the truth a couple years ago. but now all the haters seem to see the light after he retired the stubborn Mosley. when its all said & done, this dude is gonna be a hall of famer in the coming future!

Comment

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
        Mosley was that signature win... hell he knocked Baldomir the fucq out! what more do you want from this 22 year old kid? i've been saying Alverez was the truth a couple years ago. but now all the haters seem to see the light after he retired the stubborn Mosley. when its all said & done, this dude is gonna be a hall of famer in the coming future!
        Mosley signature win? Maybe he should fight Castillo next, keep racking them legends.

Comment

Baldomir and Mosley were not prime fighters, just names at this point in their career.

You say it right there that he is a future HOF without the kid not even doing anything yet. When he starts fighting prime competition (his division is stacked) and winning I'll change my opinion.

I don't buy into him being young cause those are excuses, then he shouldn't be the champ. Being the champ means you are the best in the division.

It is not hating, Canelo has a lot to like but he has to prove it in the ring with better competition (a by not fighting any other WW the comes up to fight him)

Comment

Dont be daft.

Comment

He gets s**t because his best opponents so far have been Ryan Rhodes and Kermit Cintron. Rhodes was atleast in the Top 10 at 154, that was actually legit at the time. Cintron was coming off the loss to Molina though, and was not as good a fight. Quintana will be an alright fight, and it's not like they didn't try to get a really good opponent this time around, but Quintana is just that....an alright fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                He gets s**t because his best opponents so far have been Ryan Rhodes and Kermit Cintron. Rhodes was atleast in the Top 10 at 154, that was actually legit at the time. Cintron was coming off the loss to Molina though, and was not as good a fight. Quintana will be an alright fight, and it's not like they didn't try to get a really good opponent this time around, but Quintana is just that....an alright fight.
                What did Quintana do to earn a title shot?

I understand you're content that the Lara fight won't happen, but what about Trout?

How can you say the guy is "trying" when there are still worthy fighters available?

Sure, he tried to fight Williams, but Williams was one fight removed from being asked to retire (Lara).

Then he tries to make Kirkland fight injured.

How is this kid trying?

If he was trying, he would've fought Kirkland after Kirkland won his title eliminator against Angulo. People say Kermit Cintron was a good fight, but why not fight the guy that beat Cintron in Molina instead of fighting Cintron?

Now people are saying that it's alright he fights Quintana. Well what has Quintana done to be title worthy?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

I understand you're content that the Lara fight won't happen, but what about Trout?

How can you say the guy is "trying" when there are still worthy fighters available?

Sure, he tried to fight Williams, but Williams was one fight removed from being asked to retire (Lara).

How is this kid trying?

If he was trying, he would've fought Kirkland after Kirkland won his title eliminator against Angulo. People say Kermit Cintron was a good fight, but why not fight the guy that beat Cintron in Molina instead of fighting Cintron?

Now people are saying that it's alright he fights Quintana. Well what has Quintana done to be title worthy?
                  It's only ''alright'' because Quintana would be 4th choice.

Of course i, just like yourself would prefer to see a Lara or a Trout in there instead of Quintana, however im satisfied with GBP's search with PWill, Kirkland and then Ortiz all having fallen through.

Who knows, Lara vs Canelo is a great matchup and could be a big enough fight to do a PPV with, however after it's been confirmed that it wont be a PPV event, Quintana probably makes the most sense looking at it from GBP's point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    It's only ''alright'' because Quintana would be 4th choice.

Of course i, just like yourself would prefer to see a Lara or a Trout in there instead of Quintana, however im satisfied with GBP's search with PWill, Kirkland and then Ortiz all having fallen through.

Who knows, Lara vs Canelo is a great matchup and could be a big enough fight to do a PPV with, however after it's been confirmed that it wont be a PPV event, Quintana probably makes the most sense looking at it from GBP's point of view.
                    Canelo tried to fight an injured Kirkland. That doesn't count for anything.

But what you're saying is you're fine with Canelo ducking Lara and Trout only because his first 3 original options fell through?

Outside of Ortiz being an exciting fighter, what did he do to warrant a title shot at 154?

This should've been Canelo's sequence of events:

1. Tried to fight Kirkland. If Kirkland was injured, give him enough time to recover and make an Oct/Nov fight date.

2. Fight Lara because Lara's next in line. Lara beat Paul Williams. Lara should be next in line.

3. If the Lara fight fell through, you have Austin Trout who just beat Rodriguez.

That my friend is trying to make a good fight. Not fight people just because they have a name like he did with Shane Mosley.

Also, why did Canelo fight Cintron instead of fighting the guy that beat Cintron?

Why didn't Kirkland get his title shot after he beat Angulo in a title eliminator?

All these people like Quintana are jumping ahead of Kirkland because he's injured instead of waiting like he should?

This is twilight zone business going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

How is this kid trying?

It's an alright fight, nothing more nothing less. It doesn't do anything for him, but it's better than Mosley or Gomez for sure.

Lara is never happening, I'm not even going to waste any time talking about it. It's like Donaire vs. Rigondeaux, NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

If you would read anymore of my posts, I usually tend to say that I'd rather see him fight Trout or Bundrage right now, than Carlos Quintana. Quintana should fight someone like Rosado in my opinion.

And I don't blame the Kirkland thing on Alvarez. Kirkland talked like he would be fine for September, and accepted the fight, then said he wouldn't and backed out. That's fine, whatever.

Personally, I'd rather see Alvarez just wait till October and fight Kirkland.

Comment

Working...
                      X