Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any of the USA Soccer players among the top on the world level???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are any of the USA Soccer players among the top on the world level???

Serious question. I only have heard of Clint Dempsey, Tim Howard, and Jozy Altidore. Is anyone on their team among the top on the world level?

Forgive me, I dont much about the sport. Was just wondering this watching the USA-Ghana match.

No.. the USA football team sucks..

All 3 players are average at best

Dozy Altidore might just be the worse footballer ever to grace the premier league

Comment

Jozy Altidore is an amazing athlete.

1 goal in 38 premier league games last season.

Comment

No, they're all cheeks.

The best guys they had are Altidore, Dempsey, and Howard.

Howard plays for a midtable club in England and actually does a fairly good job but isn't a top 5 goalkeeper.

Altidore plays for a bottom of the table English club and like dirk said, 1 goal in 38 matches. Pathetic.

Dempsey use to play for a midtable team but couldn't make it to the starting XI and like a p*ssy ran to the MLS.

Comment

Altidore is the worst player I've ever seen, poor guy.

Howard is a very good goalkeeper, really like him.

Dempsey is good too.

Other than that, it's bums as far as the eye can see.

Comment

america should beat germany with ease.

Comment

So if all these Americans suck, aside from Dempsey and Howard, how is the team even ranked inside the Top 15 in the world???

I think the US team was #13 going into the world cup. That doesn't seem too bad for us, given the sport isn't really a top tier one in the states.

Comment

I think as singular talents, the players for the US aren't very good, but maybe they play better as a group in terms of National team games. I'm buzzin, so excuse me if I'm not making any sense.

I don't know.

If the US gets out of the group stage, I would consider that a minor triumph as far this World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                  I think as singular talents, the players for the US aren't very good, but maybe they play better as a group in terms of National team games. I'm buzzin, so excuse me if I'm not making any sense.

I don't know.

If the US gets out of the group stage, I would consider that a minor triumph as far this World Cup.
                  As much as the English posters are denigrating the American team, they virtually always make it out of the group stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
                    As much as the English posters are denigrating the American team, they virtually always make it out of the group stage.
                    Yeah.

I just think that being in this "group of death" deal, it would be cool to make it to the knockout stage.

I enjoy watching the sport, have come to appreciate it, but I know better then to spout off like I know much about it.

Some of the limeys in that footie thread are simply miserable ****s, doe.

Comment

Working...
                    X