No announcement yet.

Hozumi Hasegawa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    If that's how you feel, whatever. I've seen plenty of his fights to know that he's above B-level and would prove you wrong win or lose. The only thing he's missing is power and his only loss was a complete robbery. Watch him shut your thou8ghts on him being a bum down, if he faces any of the top featherweights.

Burgos is pretty good, but featherweight is pretty stacked right now and I just don't see him having the dimensions necessary to beat them.

Are you my alt?...

I know, it's hard to pick Jhonny to win a fight given his past, but it's hard for me to pick against him. I mean, his offense is just good. If his opponent doesn't put themselves in harm's way, they're going to lose. Hasegawa seems to me like the type of fighter that will take chances if he has to, so he definitely should be the favorite and it'll be a good fight regardless.

Rojas and Moreno are the type of fighter that will stand up when time comes. They'll prove it first hand, so I just pay attention to them and let dudes think what they want. It's much better when they are proven wrong.

I remember a while back saying that Hasegawa might be more vulnerable against taller and rangier fighters when he was at 118. When he went up to fight Burgos and how he looked uncomfortable at times, I told Dom that he'd have a tough time at FW in future fights. When the fight with Gonzalez was brought up, I knew Gonzalez had the tools to give him trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post

I remember a while back saying that Hasegawa might be more vulnerable against taller and rangier fighters when he was at 118. When he went up to fight Burgos and how he looked uncomfortable at times, I told Dom that he'd have a tough time at FW in future fights. When the fight with Gonzalez was brought up, I knew Gonzalez had the tools to give him trouble.
      I actually didn't want to see the Gonzalez fight because he has IMO so much of a shot to get an upset. I want Rojas to have an opportunity to make a name off of Hasegawa. Pretty much the same way I felt about Pascal-Hopkins except I thought Pasc-Hopkins would be a terrible fight. We'll see how that fight goes though.

Comment

I'm not sure why people are forgetting about Gonzalez's loss to Nishioka. He got caught early against Nishioka, who is also a southpaw. I think Hasegawa could do the same. Sure Gonzalez might outbox Hasegawa, but his chin will get cracked and that's all that counts.
        Last edited by warp1432; 01-09-2011, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Considering it was his first fight, he looked decent enough against Burgos. However, he will have to grow into the weight. That's why his best shot is Gonzalez and it's also a fight that can definitely produce some quality action.

Still, I think he does need to make sure and keep active.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
            We're on the same page here.

Rojas will neutralize pretty much any southpaw, let alone someone he's bigger and faster than.

Lopez is too big and strong and is starting to find his natural style, which would work in his favor against Hasegawa.

Gamboa might be better matchup than the other 2, but he seems too fast, powerful, and strong to lose to Hasegawa.

John is the best matchup for HH, but he's bigger, throws too many punches, and does a good job defensively to lose to HH, but it would be the best and most competitive fight of the 4.

Gonzalez will be a tough test, the man is still pretty tall for the weight class, has carried up his P4P power, and is a good boxer. People overlook the fact that he's actually winning the fights he's lost. If Hasegawa has enough pop to drop Jhonny, he wins, if he doesn't, I can see him losing by KO or even a decision.
            yeah jhonny is a great boxer to bad his chin doesnt hold up but i have yet to see a fighter out box him. He has it all but that chin but i think he beats hasegawa any way if any one wants to bet hit me up.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              I'm not sure why people are forgetting about Gonzalez's loss to Nishioka. He got caught early against Nishioka, who is also a southpaw. I think Hasegawa could do the same. Sure Gonzalez might outbox Hasegawa, but his chin will get cracked and that's all that counts.
              and you forgot how he had dropped nishioka and was winning. But any ways you we still dont know if hasegawas power carried up in weight especially since he moved up two weight classes. Plus gonzalez is a hard puncher him self and hasegawas chin has been cracked as well.

Comment

Working...
              X