Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Jesus existed in modern times he'd be just another cult leader nut?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christianity started off as a cult. A lot of people during his living years found Jesus to be a liar, blasphemer etc. So yeah, he'd be a controversial figure in modern times i think.
    Last edited by MartinM.; 07-23-2010, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phook View Post
      I just watched "the passion of the christ" and made me wonder what if Jesus was a nut that has a huge following he'd be just another cult leader we see today..
      lol! that is a hilarious sig....if jesus was here today mary magdalene would have definately been servicing him

Comment

If Jesus ever actually lived (and there's no secular evidence that he did) then it's highly likely that he would have been a cult leader. Hey even the canonical account suggest he told his followers to abandon their families which given the culture and ownership laws at the time meant reducing them to starvation, prostitution and begging. Watch the Life of Brian... it's more historically accurate than Mel Gibson's fascist anti-jew piece.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          If Jesus ever actually lived (and there's no secular evidence that he did) then it's highly likely that he would have been a cult leader. Hey even the canonical account suggest he told his followers to abandon their families which given the culture and ownership laws at the time meant reducing them to starvation, prostitution and begging. Watch the Life of Brian... it's more historically accurate than Mel Gibson's fascist anti-jew piece.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            just so you know mel gibson let the pope view the film before anyone else got to see it...the pope said that it was a very accurate portrayal of the biblical events

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              just so you know mel gibson let the pope view the film before anyone else got to see it...the pope said that it was a very accurate portrayal of the biblical events
              The pope don't know ****. Fact!

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
                The pope don't know ****. Fact!
                he is the head of the catholic religon so im not sure if you thought about that statement to well....although i think the catholic religon is a sham.its corrupt,money hungry & full of pedophiles....im catholic but dont go to church unless im in a foreign country....i like to explore the churches,some are pretty amazing artistically

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                  So I take it you disagree and Jesus did NOT tell his followers to abandon their families? He never said, for example

Originally posted by Jeezie Chreezie
                  There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life everlasting.
                  or maybe

Originally posted by H for Herbert
                  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life
                  All right.

Comment

So the head wizard of the catholic babble rousers thinks that Mel Gibson's jew-hate piece is "historically accurate"? Well he wears a magic hat so it must be true.

Comment

he is the head of the catholic religon so im not sure if you thought about that statement to well....although i think the catholic religon is a sham.its corrupt,money hungry & full of pedophiles....im catholic but dont go to church unless im in a foreign country....i like to explore the churches,some are pretty amazing artistically
                      Anyone who says 'It increases the problem' in regards to the distribution of condoms in a continent rife with HIV/AIDS don't know ****.............

Comment

Working...
                      X