No announcement yet.

Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios = Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz 2.0

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios = Juan "Baby Bull" Diaz 2.0

I recognize there are some differences between Bam Bam and the Baby Bull.

But the reason I call Rios "Diaz 2.0" is because I feel his style will make him burn out very quickly, as Diaz did. You can't consistently go to war in every fight. And I don't know if Rios' chin is Tua-esque.

Those types of fighters are exciting to watch, and they make for great entertainment. But Mayweather has a point when he says that the reason he is still performing at a high level after all those rounds is because he never took punishment. Ditto Hopkins.

Bam Bam, I love you. But you can slip a punch or take a half-step back every now and then.

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

But the reason I call Rios "Diaz 2.0" is because I feel his style will make him burn out very quickly, as Diaz did. You can't consistently go to war in every fight. And I don't know if Rios' chin is Tua-esque.

Those types of fighters are exciting to watch, and they make for great entertainment. But Mayweather has a point when he says that the reason he is still performing at a high level after all those rounds is because he never took punishment. Ditto Hopkins.

Bam Bam, I love you. But you can slip a punch or take a half-step back every now and then.
    His power will take him farther.

Since he can end fights quicker he dosen't have to take 12 rounds of punishment every time out like Juan Diaz did.

Comment

Juan Diaz is better, he have a icreible speed, good defence and very good ofence, but Brandon have power. I think that Brandon can make a very good career, but in a fight Diaz vs Rios I go with Diaz

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        His power will take him farther.

Since he can end fights quicker he dosen't have to take 12 rounds of punishment every time out like Juan Diaz did.
        I appreciate you making that distinction.

Diaz was a pudgy 130'er who fought at 135. Brandon is a big 135er who seems to have a bit of trouble making the LW limit.

I just wonder if Bam-Bam's power will carry to 140. And beyond.

Comment

Wow a post not talking about Pacquiao or Filipinos but still managed to slurp on Floyd a little. Brandon is nothing like Juan Diaz.. Brandon is more like Margarito

Comment

i wonder if the OP has ever watched a boxing match

Rios would destroy Diaz in about 6 rounds

'wonderful defence' GTFOH

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post

he has WAAAAAAy more power then Diaz

Comment

Prime Juan Diaz is a better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
                  Prime Juan Diaz is a better fighter yet still had no power.
                  This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

There's very little they have in common. Sorry but this is a terrible analogy.

Diaz was a much better boxer, much better defense and was even more active than Rios.

Rios on the other hand is stronger and hits much harder and that will take him farther.

Comment

Working...
                    X