Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets all thank Grover Norquist for keeping politicians in check on tax increases

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One_Tycoon View Post
    And replace them with......?
    Nothing. Apparently most people are oblivious to the fact that they increased revenue and helped give us an economy with 5% unemployment after 7 awful years of W. They think the cuts are responsible for about 4 trillion of our National Debt, so let's get rid of them. Instead of the piddly 90 billion annually that Obama wants to let expire, let's let the whole 400+ billion go away. I mean if we're really serious about reducing deficits and can't seem to touch entitlements.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
      Nothing. Apparently most people are oblivious to the fact that they increased revenue and helped give us an economy with 5% unemployment after 7 awful years of W. They think the cuts are responsible for about 4 trillion of our National Debt, so let's get rid of them. Instead of the piddly 90 billion annually that Obama wants to let expire, let's let the whole 400+ billion go away. I mean if we're really serious about reducing deficits and can't seem to touch entitlements.
      Ah...I see. So it's sort of a misanthropic wish to prove the economic fallacies of the Liberals wrong, wants things go even further down the toilet with tax increases.

But in the meantime...it's still taxes on you or me, the individual. I don't want to make a sacrifice in paying more taxes to 'reduce the deficit'. This is not my or your problem. I'd rather cut revenue off even further and starve the Govt of revenue....and put more pressure on them to make cuts once the Debt Ceiling can't be raised any further for more borrowing.

Comment

Ah...I see. So it's sort of a misanthropic wish to prove the economic fallacies of the Liberals wrong, wants things go even further down the toilet with tax increases.

But in the meantime...it's still taxes on you or me, the individual. I don't want to make a sacrifice in paying more taxes to 'reduce the deficit'. This is not my or your problem. I'd rather cut revenue off even further and starve the Govt of revenue....and put more pressure on them to make cuts once the Debt Ceiling can't be raised any further for more borrowing.
        Well many of them also think that the National Debt doesn't matter, that the 16.25 trillion is just a number, in which case doing away with taxes altogether should be just fine. But then they also think that raising taxes by less than 1/10 of what the federal gov is currently spending will magically fix things, which doesn't make sense either. And they think the Clinton tax rates will magically bring back the dot-com boom. Quite frankly I'm tired of arguing with these types of ill informed, logic averse plebes, so let's give them what they want.

Comment

So those are the fine, young, educated citizens that Cuauhtémoc1520 posted about:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572278

Comment

So those are the fine, young, educated citizens that Cuauhtémoc1520 posted about:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572278
            Yes the same Cuauht who the day before claimed to be an Independent (before proceeding to make multiple threads attacking/ridiculing/demonizing Republicans.) Until we fix the education system in the country (especially K through 12, but also eliminating the rampant grade inflation thereafter,) we will continue to crank out easily manipulated (and quite ill prepared to handle life) drones.
            Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 11-10-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X