Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Josesito beats Canelo, does he deserve a Mayweather fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Josesito beats Canelo, does he deserve a Mayweather fight?

He beat Ortiz for Canelo, and damn if he can pull it off on Canelo, I believe so.

No way in hell he can beat him, but he deserves it.

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
    He beat Ortiz for Canelo, and damn if he can pull it off on Canelo, I believe so.

No way in hell he can beat him, but he deserves it.
    From a "quality wins" standpoint, yes. From a competitive standpoint, I think most would say no and should they fight,say floyd cherrypicked him to avoid Manny or Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      From a "quality wins" standpoint, yes. From a competitive standpoint, I think most would say no and should they fight,say floyd cherrypicked him to avoid Manny or Martinez.
      agreed

Comment

I think he should. He'll be riding a wave of momentum and that rocky theme going into cinco de mayo... effin killer numbers

Comment

Based on his performances, if anyone deserved a Mayweather fight, it would have to be Lopez. He's gone through every challenge, it would make sense, and it would be a fight Mayweather should get credit for.

Comment

Lopez would deserve the fight. But from the point of view concerning Floyd, that fight would obviously be a cherrypick.

Yes Lopez was an underdog against Ortiz & ginger, but how does winning that fight warrant a Floyd fight?? If they fight at 147, then I won't gripe too much. But if they fight at 154, all hell breaks lose.

Comment

Probably, but he isn't going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Lopez would deserve the fight. But from the point of view concerning Floyd, that fight would obviously be a cherrypick.

Yes Lopez was an underdog against Ortiz & ginger, but how does winning that fight warrant a Floyd fight?? If they fight at 147, then I won't gripe too much. But if they fight at 154, all hell breaks lose.
                How is it a cherry pick, he's fighting the guy that has steam rolled two guys he's huge underdogs against? Obviously the Pac fight is what everyone wants, but if Lopez beats Ginger, he'd be fighting someone on the up and up instead of a guy coming off of a loss. Its a no-win situation. Pac is on the downslope.

Whether they fight at 147 or 154, it doesn't really matter. Mayweather doesn't belong at 154, and neither does Lopez. They'll both come in light.

Plus, he can't fight Martinez, because Martinez is getting KO'd in 11 this Saturday

Who else would there be to fight that wouldn't be considered a cherry pick at this point? Tim Bradley?

Comment

Sure, he's easy to root for.

Comment

If he beats Canelo he should move up to HW and fight a Klitschko.

Comment

Working...
                    X