Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can rafael nadal equal or surpass roger federer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he stays healthy there is a possibility. Beating him in a five set match is close to impossible unless he's hurt or his opponent is playing unbelievable. If he's getting to all the balls and hitting amazing shots his opponents might as well forget about it. Mentally and physically he breaks guys down.

Comment

I don't think he will but it's possible.

I still think Fed has atleast 1 or 2 more GS in him.

Can't judge who is better purely off the number of GS though, other factors like level of competition, surfaces, head to heads, weeks as #1, masters titles, etc come into it as well imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        It's possible that he could win more trophies, but what about their head to head, that will always hang over Nadal.
        Nadal leads him by far. Talk about the effects of public perception...

Comment

bump from last year...

federer is still the greatest but not on clay... nadal owns him there and has already won 17 out of 25 matches they have had...

thats a pretty sour footnote IMO...

Comment

If he stays healthy, yeah.

At this point, he will probably win 1 grand slam every year for the next 5 years. Which will give him 15 slams at 30.

In 2 years tops, Roger will most likely be out of the game. Which will leave Rafa and Djokovic. The way I see it, without Roger, Rafa wins Wimbly and RG every year if he is healthy. Djokovic looks like a favorable threat only on hard courts, I would favor Rafa on grass and clay.

So passing 16 or 17 slams is feasible. Not to mention having Roger's number on numerous ocassions.

Comment

No, but King Kimbo will.

Comment

bumping this up in light of nadal's recent US open victory...

Comment

Nobody gives a sht about some punkass tennis bruh lol

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    bumping this up in light of nadal's recent US open victory...
                    Wow, something cool about this forum, how you can go back and look at threads like this. Nadal inches closer...

I tell ya the even bigger story is how many majors the big 3 have won. It's staggering. Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic have utterly dominated for a long time.
                    Serena is another story. - if you get technical, she really already has the women's record, but we'll see... Unreal how she has been falling short by just one match.

Anyhow, I have been rooting for Nadal to pull ahead for a couple years and I believe it will happen. (via the French Open).

Good bump.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, this was Nadal's first GS trophy wearing a sleeveless shirt since 2008 Wimbledon.

Comment

Working...
                      X