Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another shooting rampage. 3 dead, multiple injured in Wisconsin.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another shooting rampage. 3 dead, multiple injured in Wisconsin.

If only someone would've had a gun.

Wait.

The shooter is still on the loose.

Police in Wisconsin searched Sunday for a man suspected of killing three people and wounding four others in a shooting at a spa in suburban Milwaukee.

Police identified the suspect as Radcliffe Franklin Haughton, 45, of Brown Deer. Brookfield Police Chief Dan Tushaus said Haughton's car had been found, but he was still at large.

The Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel reported that Haughton grew up in Wheeling and Northbrook.

The shooting happened about 11 a.m. at the Azana Day Spa, a two-story, 9,000-square-foot building across from a major shopping mall in a middle- to upper-class community west of Milwaukee.

An improvised explosive device was found at the spa, and a bomb squad was investigating, Tushaus said. Spokesmen for the FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said their agencies also had agents participating in the investigation.

The mall, a country club adjacent to the spa, a nearby hospital and other buildings were locked down as police searched for Haughton, local media reported.

Tushaus described the situation as "fluid and ongoing," saying officers were initially focused on reaching and helping the victims.

Gina Kralik, a bartender at Red Robin Gourmet Burgers in the mall, said by telephone that the restaurant was still locked down as of about 3 p.m. She said 18 people were there - all employees except for a couple reporters who managed to get in. She said people were allowed to leave at one point, but then the police decided not to let anyone come or go from the mall.

"We're just sitting watching the news and also trying to find out what's going on," she said.

Online court records showed a temporary restraining order was issued against Haughton in Milwaukee County Circuit Court on Oct. 8 because of a domestic abuse complaint.

Haughton appeared in court Thursday, when a no-contact order was issued and he was told to turn all his weapons over to the sheriff's department.

Beth Strohbusch, a spokeswoman for Froedtert Memorial Hospital — the hospital that was locked down — said four shooting victims were taken there, none in critical condition.

It was the second mass shooting in Wisconsin this year. Wade Michael Page, a 40-year-old Army veteran and white supremacist, killed six people and injured three others before fatally shooting himself Aug. 5 at a Sikh temple south of Milwaukee.

The shooting at the mall took place less than a mile from where seven people were killed and four wounded on March 12, 2005, when a gunman opened fire at a Living Church of God service held at a hotel.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,3568792.story

Comment

I'm tired boss.

Seriously though I'm sick of this crap. You don't even feel emotion upon reading the thread title. The shock disappears after the first 5 times this happens.

Comment

in before the "all Guns should be banned" comments begin...
        Last edited by -jose-; 10-21-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          in before the "all Guns should be banned" comments begin...
          I made an ironic remark about gun laws, but "all guns should be banned" is not my position.

On a personal level though, I seriously don't understand why anyone would want to own a gun.

Unless they are a hunter, which is something I have absolutely no problem with, or a hobbyist target shooter. Or if they feel that they have a legitimate need for one for their own/their family's safety. Or if they happen to be a collector.

The above relates to the American situation.

I've lived in Japan for 3 years, so I can comment, the point being that a social commentary is also related to the relevant laws (hence the above comments relate to the US). In Japan, guns are only legal for hunting.

Comment

Virtually every male I've known in the US is a serious gun enthusiast, and all of them (except a few purely historical collectors) view guns as expensive toys/status symbols, or in a handful of cases, items to bolster their tough guy image (which ironically is reliant entirely on firearms, none of them being worth a damn unarmed). Can't be purely generalized, but I've still always found it somewhat disturbing.

I've always hated weapons on the street, because they're drawn upon by cowards and make any confrontation potentially deadly. You can't even defend yourself in a fistfight without some dude's buddy pulling a knife and stabbing you in the back.
            Last edited by Miburo; 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
              Virtually every male I've known in the US is a serious gun enthusiast, and all of them (except a few purely historical collectors) view guns as expensive toys/status symbols, or in a handful of cases, items to bolster their tough guy image (which ironically is reliant entirely on firearms, none of them being worth a damn unarmed). Can't be purely generalized, but I've still always found it somewhat disturbing.

I've always hated weapons on the street, because they're drawn upon by cowards and make any confrontation potentially deadly. You can't even defend yourself in a fistfight without some dude's buddy pulling a knife and stabbing you in the back.
              Yep, I've been there.

Never seen a knife, but had a brass knuckles experience once.

A close friend of a friend of mine had a gun pulled on him. The guy the gun was pulled on was legitimately an enforcer type of guy. Long story short, the guy who pulled the gun ended up getting knocked out, and he went to jail. He messed with the wrong guy, basically. This isn't just some story I heard, I remember it from when it happened, and heard about it from people connected with both guys.
              Last edited by Drunken Cat; 10-21-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

To note, I'm not saying I was hit with brass knuckles, which I wasn't. Just being intentionally vague.

Comment

western culture and their guns..

Comment

[QUOTE=Freedom.;12626569]The killer was found dead from self-inflicted gunshots:

typical right wing gun nut coward.

Comment

Working...
                    X