No announcement yet.

Adam Booth deserves a lot of respect.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Booth deserves a lot of respect.

He may look like a smug prick, but he's the one that's come up with the game plans for Haye to beat Valuev and now Groves to beat a much better boxer in Degale. Both were massive upsets that wouldn't have happened without him.

Very interested to see what kind of game plan he's come up with for Wladimir.

I've said it all along, this man knows his shit.

Comment

respect to adam

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        He may look like a smug prick, but he's the one that's come up with the game plans for Haye to beat Valuev and now Groves to beat a much better boxer in Degale. Both were massive upsets that wouldn't have happened without him.

that valuev fight was horrible and boring.

degale and groves are about the same size tho... you can't really say that with haye and wladimir.

also groves had excellent conditioning and was able to use movment throughout the fight... I don't think haye has that kind of stamina

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

Was Haye vs Valuev an upset? i thought Haye would have done better than he did.

Comment

Respect to him for getting the plan down, but it certainly helps when your fighter has the talent and determination to carry that plan through.

Comment

Adam Booth is smart and unpredictable. Thats whats needed to beat Steward/Klitschko.

Comment

yup booth is the man as somebody said smart and unpredictable a nice combination against the completely predictable Steward Wlad combo

But re the Haye Valuev thing ... I didn't see that as an upset at all, in fact was so confident Haye would win that I had 50 quid riding on it, if anything I was surprised that haye didn't do better against him.
                Last edited by Daddy T; 05-22-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Enough respect to him for making the fight when everyone thought groves would get outclassed. He also remained very calm in the build up unlike his counterpart. I don't think the Haye-Valuev fight was a massive upset though. Although you've got to hand it to him for coming up with the gameplan and drilling it into his fighters to stick to the gameplan.

Comment

I think Dave Coldwell has a lot to do with it to be honest!

Comment

Working...
                    X