Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Ricky Burns duck Broner again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burns did great against Mitchell but he essentially copied Katsidis blueprint of using the right hand at key moments.. Katsidis mapped it out. Put Burns in with Broner he'll try the Ponce de Leon strategy and it's possible he'll pull it off (like de Leon did but kind of got robbed), but it's a step up no doubt anything could happen.. Burns is damn good though, his power has increased now that he's adjusted to 135.. that Broner fight will happen within 12 months I guess and it'll be a classic.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
      Burns did great against Mitchell but he essentially copied Katsidis blueprint of using the right hand at key moments.. Katsidis mapped it out. Put Burns in with Broner he'll try the Ponce de Leon strategy and it's possible he'll pull it off (like de Leon did but kind of got robbed), but it's a step up no doubt anything could happen.. Burns is damn good though, his power has increased now that he's adjusted to 135.. that Broner fight will happen within 12 months I guess and it'll be a classic.
      Broner is not half as good as people are making him out to be, PDL is tiny compared to Broner and Burn's and he still beat Broner, put Broner on the back foot and he's ****ed

Comment

Originally posted by layton View Post
        no he ****ing wouldn't, explain this away Sherlock
        The explanation is in the post you just quoted Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          The explanation is in the post you just quoted Einstein.
          what a clown, Broner cant even get his own PPV at the moment, he cant get a big audience, so explain how this works

Comment

What does HBO being the richest network matter?

They'll pay Burns what they think is enough to warrant him fighting on American soil and I'm betting it wasn't enough for the Broner fight. Burns isn't even PPV, big star material over here yet - America can wait.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

They'll pay Burns what they think is enough to warrant him fighting on American soil and I'm betting it wasn't enough for the Broner fight. Burns isn't even PPV, big star material over here yet - America can wait.
              where as he is in Britain, gets a purse way bigger but yet he is expected to jump to America for half of what he gets here yet he is ducking Broner, like you said America is for when he has the aces

Comment

After Broner beats on Demarco hopefully Max asks Broner about facing off against Burns. That would be a barn burner.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post

America is the logical move i think.. not all fighters need to be PPV in the UK before they hit America.. I mean Gavin Rees is the only UK 135 pounder left in the top ten.. If they don't fight straight away then America is the logical move.. Burns is known well enough anyway since he beat Roman Martinez in a classic.. the kid belongs in Las Vegas under the bright lights

Comment

Originally posted by layton View Post
                    what a clown, Broner cant even get his own PPV at the moment, he cant get a big audience, so explain how this works
                    Bradley can't draw flies to shit but made 1.2 mil fighting Alexander and Casamayor in front of small crowds. Why? Cause HBO put up the money. You don't know how the boxing business works in america, big audience ain't got nothing to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                      America is the logical move i think.. not all fighters need to be PPV in the UK before they hit America.. I mean Gavin Rees is the only UK 135 pounder left in the top ten.. If they don't fight straight away then America is the logical move.. Burns is known well enough anyway since he beat Roman Martinez in a classic.. the kid belongs in Las Vegas under the bright lights
                      why, is American soil made of different magical mud and Gravel, Burns at the moment will make more in the uk than fighting anybody other than Pac, Mayweather or Marquez, so why would he fight in a challengers backyard for less money and more cost

Comment

Working...
                      X