Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DiBella: Froch unlikely, Pascal an option, and Taylor wants Pavlik & Hopkins TODAY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiBella: Froch unlikely, Pascal an option, and Taylor wants Pavlik & Hopkins TODAY

Taken from today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette (Chris Givens reporting):

If Taylor and Pascal win, Lou DiBella, Taylor’s promoter, said that a Taylor-Pascal fight in Montreal, Pascal’s hometown, would make a lot of sense. If Froch wins, as expected, DiBella said it is unlikely Taylor would go to England, Froch’s home country. DiBella also said he doesn’t think Froch has a big enough name to make that fight in the United States.

Taylor mentioned two names he would like to fight “the day after I beat Lacy.” One was Kelly Pavlik, whom he lost to twice, and Bernard Hopkins, whom he beat twice.

The one fighter everyone agrees would be a logical choice for Taylor is Joe Calzaghe, the undefeated light heavyweight champion who is coming off a victory over Roy Jones Jr.
    Lou is starting to piss me off. Here is a guy who Taylor trusts 100%, they started their careers together (Taylor was turning pro when DiBella signed him as his first client), and I'm seriously doubting that he has Taylor's best interests in mind.

Maybe he's looking after his bank account, but at what expense? A Calzaghe fight might earn Taylor enough to retire on, but he's got little shot at winning until he improves his stamina and builds his confidence.

And DiBella has shown zero interest in Froch from day one. Is he scared of the guy? Why not at least show some initiative and TRY to get him a decent purse to come to the states.

It's interesting to hear that he would send Taylor to Montreal to fight Pascal in his hometown, but sounds reluctant to even attempt to sell a Froch fight.

And a third Pavlik fight would need to happen at 168. A third Hopkins fight at 168-170, but no higher than that.

What Taylor's camp needs to be doing more than anything for their fighter is keeping him busy. Put him in against a Contender bum next, or Miranda, or Green... whoever, just keep him BUSY. JT needs to fight again by February... maybe March at the LATEST.

And at what weight would a Calzaghe fight take place? Joe is not going down to 168. Personally, I would love to see Taylor-Calzaghe.

Comment

what does taylor want hopkins for?

Comment

Money. Money

Comment

I really hope Carl Froch beats Pascal now.

What's the reason for not coming to fight in England? Is it too cold or something? Please don't say biased refereeing cause that **** won't wash!

Some of these fighters make me cringe.

Comment

Originally posted by megadude View Post
            1. Money

2. Hopkins brutally beat the man who beat him twice

3. Another chance to silence the critics and earn the respect from Hopkins that he never got after their first 2 fights

Comment

Originally posted by megadude View Post
              Because he beat the man who beat the man if he beats hopkins again he's a cert to fight pavlik again and also its a bigger money fight, I'd love to see taylor froch but I just don't think the intesests there.

Comment

this is beyond stupid. you lost twice to one guy and beat the other twice. no sense at all. joe wont fight him because of draw reasons. only makes sense for him to get that wbc belt. after that money comes in with a fight with kessler maybe dawson too.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                  I really hope Carl Froch beats Pascal now.

What's the reason for not coming to fight in England? Is it too cold or something? Please don't say biased refereeing cause that **** won't wash!

Some of these fighters make me cringe.
                  I can understand not going to England for Carl Froch. Taylor is the bigger name of the two, so it makes more sense to have the fight in the U.S. But to not try to sell a Froch fight on home soil? Strange.

If they want Joe next though, and Joe wants to stay in England, then I can't understand not succumbing to the man with the upper hand and going to England. Then again, I can't blame him for not wanting to fight Joe in front of 50K frantic hometown fans for what will be billed as a retirement fight. I personally think they should forget Joe altogether, for the time being at least.

Comment

Taylor can go **** himself. He priced himself out of a fight with Calzaghe already and he still refuses to fight in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X