No announcement yet.

Question About Biceps.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Biceps.

I only work my Biceps once a week doing Chin-Ups, Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls. My question is should i up it too 2 times a week ? and should i do Chin-Ups more than once a week ?

Its just im looking to bulk up in time for the summer, and i do alot of compound exercises throughout the week, but i want to add a few inches to my Biceps.

And i know the Biceps are a small muscle and your not supposed to work them much. But i always get the feeling im not doing enough, so any advice would be appreciated cheers.

It depends i only do biceps once a week but i know alot of people who do all their muscles twice a week.

But in my opinion you should only do them once a week the problem with your routine is you dont mix up the exercises you need to change the exercise or else you will plateau

Comment

Why not work your back an extra day instead of your biceps? youll get more "bulk" and your arms will get bigger, not to mention you'll actually get stronger where it counts.

Do you do deadlifts? if not you should, you can add mass and strength to every part of your body because it stresses every part of your body even if it doesnt move.

Comment

Originally posted by Burning Desire View Post
        I only work my Biceps once a week doing Chin-Ups, Barbell Curls, Preacher Curls, Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls. My question is should i up it too 2 times a week ? and should i do Chin-Ups more than once a week ?

Its just im looking to bulk up in time for the summer, and i do alot of compound exercises throughout the week, but i want to add a few inches to my Biceps.

And i know the Biceps are a small muscle and your not supposed to work them much. But i always get the feeling im not doing enough, so any advice would be appreciated cheers.
        You dont really need to concentrate on bicep isolation exercises for boxing, but If you want to build your biceps for cosmetic reasons I think twice a week is better, instead of doing all those difference bicep exercises the same day, just stick to three on Monday for example, and the other three on Friday. Chin-ups are great allround exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by Trrmo View Post
          You dont really need to concentrate on bicep isolation exercises for boxing, but If you want to build your biceps for cosmetic reasons I think twice a week is better, instead of doing all those difference bicep exercises the same day, just stick to three on Monday for example, and the other three on Friday. Chin-ups are great allround exercises.
          doesnt sound like boxing is the goal of his. otherwise, KB's are the recommended tool.

make sure u know a good trainer to help u develope and exercise properly. one i knew, he was a power lifter, held one of the lifting records for just over half a year. and that is hard enough to do for even big strong guys. that is who i learned the most important weight, rather, power lifting exercises from.

power lifting tends to make your simple raw power increase.
          weight lifting focuses on more of the sculpture - less on function.

maybe a bit of power lifting can help with your sculpting. but dont to much of either if u are a committed boxer. just do enough to fill out your frame.

just my couple of dimes worth..

Comment

Working...
          X