No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abregu vs. Decarie Pondered For Martinez-Murray Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abregu vs. Decarie Pondered For Martinez-Murray Card

Promoter Sampson Lewkowicz is putting together the entire undercard for the anticipated event in Argentina on April 27th. Taking place at Club Atlético Vélez Sarsfield in Buenos Aires, WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez will headline the show with a title defense against Martin Murray. HBO will televise the main event. The entire card, comprised of seven fights, will be shown worldwide.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lol I remember Decaire making that dude Perez look like a damn fool. This is a very good fight. A win by either guy can put them in a good position. Isn't HBO airing this card?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

What is it with Argentina at the moment? They are turning out great fighters in and around 140-160 for fun. Abregu may not be that skilled but he'd give anyone outside the top 9 or 10 at 147 real trouble. Then you have Maidana, Matthysse, Chavez, Martinez, Maciel and the very exciting prospect of Castano. Great to see the success and promise of these guys.

Comment

That would be a good fight I'd favor Abregu.

Comment

I like the fight but I don't like it being in argentina. I'm not sure how there scoring is but I have the feeling no mater what happens they will give the nod to abregu. I also wouldnt want the fight in montreal. this seems like a good fnf main event in vegas.

I've heard they score fights well in argentina so im not sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
            I like the fight but I don't like it being in argentina. I'm not sure how there scoring is but I have the feeling no mater what happens they will give the nod to abregu. I also wouldnt want the fight in montreal. this seems like a good fnf main event in vegas.

I've heard they score fights well in argentina so im not sure though.
            Some fights in Argentina are scored horribly, just go and watch some of Lazarte's fights, notably his first one with Solis (a forgotten robbery of massive proportions).

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_prospect View Post
              What is it with Argentina at the moment? They are turning out great fighters in and around 140-160 for fun. Abregu may not be that skilled but he'd give anyone outside the top 9 or 10 at 147 real trouble. Then you have Maidana, Matthysse, Chavez, Martinez, Maciel and the very exciting prospect of Castano. Great to see the success and promise of these guys.
              Have you ever heard of Monzon, Loche, Perez, or Galindez? If you haven't, then you really need to read up on these Argentine Fighters.

Comment

too bad Bradley didn't want to give Abregu a rematch, instead he's fighting a junior middleweight.

ohh well

it's a good fight and Abregu is getting better with each fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                  too bad Bradley didn't want to give Abregu a rematch, instead he's fighting a junior middleweight.

ohh well

it's a good fight and Abregu is getting better with each fight.
                  Why would he give him a rematch? Abregu was a WW fighting a JWW Bradley when Tim moved up in weight and easily beat him.

Comment

Working...
                  X