Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maidana "I'm still feeling that body shot from the first, the bell saved me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan could have finished Maidana in the second round, but he realized "oh dear, i havent proved i can take a hard shot and i am not chinny, so i will let Maidana go a few more rounds untill he hits me on the chin a few times"

But he left it too long and the moment passsed for the ko.

Comment

Maidana gets more credit in defeat than Khan gets in victory...

Pathetic!

Comment

Damn, if Khan kept working on that body... Maybe he just left it so he could make a point about his chin, risky move though, but paid off.

Comment

imo, maidana seems like a dirty fighter in the ring but he gets props from me in his defeat. he manned up and accepted it. can't say the same for the whining crybaby JMM

Comment

Originally posted by Plaster...Sad. View Post
            Who is Maidana's Promoter? It seems like it will be Oscar from this point on.

Maidana is the man!!!
            I hope so, there's a tonne of good fights GBP could make for him, e.g. Ortiz, Peterson, Urango, Matthyyse, Holt, McCloskey, Olusegun, Alexander-Bradley loser, and the loser of the fight between Khan-Bradley/Alexander winner.

Classy as always from Oscar.

Back to the topic...

Alexander, Bradley or Ortiz wouldn't have been able to carry on after a body punch like that. I doubt any of them beat the count. Especially Bradley, he's got a lot of heart but his small body would break from a liver shot like that.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
              Maidana is a warrior, while Con is a runner. Con fits perfect with Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s style, can't wait until Floyd KO's him.
              silly ****.............

Comment

I was seriously impress with Khan, Maybe its because i didnt rate him that much before, I knew he had the flashy combo but i didnt think he would or could survive a good old battle, He certainly impress me in the way he took punches in the 10th round without going down.

Comment

Originally posted by Akucapri View Post
                  Maidana gets more credit in defeat than Khan gets in victory...

Pathetic!
                  Nothing pathetic about it I think its great. Fans have long needed to realize that just because a fighter loses it doesnt mean they're trash. I think Khan is a beast, but both fighters deserve credit.

Comment

It's not hard to say both winner and loser get massive amounts of respect in this fight. Who gets more credit is a matter of opinion, but a W doesn't always determine who gains the most credibility.

Khan gets a lot of respect from me for surviving flush shots for a full round from arguably the biggest puncher in the division. Maidana for his part survived two devastating shots and a trip to the canvas to come back and make it relatively competitive for the entire fight, despite being obviously outgunned.

We need more fights like this. It'll help breed the mentality that winning isn't everything, and that if you bust your ass and turn in a noteworthy performance, you're gonna turn heads regardless. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                      Nothing pathetic about it I think its great. Fans have long needed to realize that just because a fighter loses it doesnt mean they're trash. I think Khan is a beast, but both fighters deserve credit.
                      Both deserve credit, but how Maidana gets more credit by some people I have no idea.

Whatever Maidana showed, Khan showed it plus more.

Comment

Working...
                      X