Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most skilled boxer Henry Armstrong ever fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the most skilled boxer Henry Armstrong ever fought?

I'm talking about the most skillfull, or you could say best technical boxer, that Armstrong ever fought. Not necessarily the best boxer.

hopefully if its on youtube let me know

Originally posted by PH|L View Post
    I'm talking about the most skillfull, or you could say best technical boxer, that Armstrong ever fought. Not necessarily the best boxer.

hopefully if its on youtube let me know
    Ray Robinson

Comment

Outside of Robinson, arguably Barney Ross. You won't see much of Ross's skills in the Armstrong fight because Armstrong never gave him any room. Watch Barney Ross vs Billy Petrolle to get a better look at his boxing ability.

Tippy Larkin was said to be one of the best technical boxers of all time, but he had a vulnerable chin which was quickly found out by Armstrong who KO'd Larkin in just 2 rounds. It was said that if you couldn't knock Larkin out, you couldn't beat him. He was that good a boxer.

Midget Wolgast was one of the best defensive artists of his era, but he was not in his prime at the time Armstrong faced him.

Comment

Wolgast

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Outside of Robinson, arguably Barney Ross. You won't see much of Ross's skills in the Armstrong fight because Armstrong never gave him any room. Watch Barney Ross vs Billy Petrolle to get a better look at his boxing ability.

Tippy Larkin was said to be one of the best technical boxers of all time, but he had a vulnerable chin which was quickly found out by Armstrong who KO'd Larkin in just 2 rounds. It was said that if you couldn't knock Larkin out, you couldn't beat him. He was that good a boxer.

Midget Wolgast was one of the best defensive artists of his era, but he was not in his prime at the time Armstrong faced him.
          great answer man. I was excluding SRR cause Armstrong was no longer prime by the time they fought.

Comment

Working...
          X