Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guerrero vs Berto: What's Your Prediction?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerrero vs Berto: What's Your Prediction?

I think Berto's overhand right's will be very effective in this bout. I see Guerrero trying to trade and go toe to toe, but I think Guerrero will probably get dropped several times throughout the bout and possibly stopped in the midst.

My prediction, I'm going with Berto win by TKO 6 or 7.

On the undercard, I have Quintana pulling off the upset over Thurman.

Thoughts?

Guerrero doesn't have enough on his punches at 147 to keep Berto off of him. He doesn't have Ortiz power, and Berto is quicker than he is. Berto by UD, but Guerrero will take some rounds here and there.

Berto has known stamina issues, so we'll see. But Guerrero seemed to slow down the second half of the Aydin fight too. He didn't have much on his punches to begin with at 147, and he was basically pushing his punches out there late in the fight.

I don't think Guerrero will have enough pop to keep Berto off of him.

Comment

Oh yea, one more point before I forget.

Berto would most likely get Guerrero in trouble with one of his most known combo's which is the right hand to the body, immediately followed by the right uppercut.

I'm pretty sure that's the combo that will get Guerrero in trouble, then the overhand right's will finish him off.

This bout won't even be close folks.

Comment

To me, it's one of those fights that's impossible to predict. I mean, we know what the two boxers strengths are, but it could go down in a number of ways.

Guerrero is the far far superior boxer, but we've seen him dropped to the ground from body shots from that Australian lightweight who fought JMM, can't remember his name. But Berto isn't proficient at hitting people in the body, regardless Berto will have a huge edge when it comes to power. So I could see Berto hurting Guerrero immediately.

But at the same time, Berto fights poorly, a lot of the times. He's too square, and his jab is garbage, it's pushy and dabby. Berto's technique is terrible, but he's very fast and athletic, and can be explosive. So, either Guerrero is out boxing Berto, or Berto is KOing Guerrero.

Comment

I've been liking what I've been seeing from Guerrero recently but he's a long way from featherweight where he first made his name, so I don't know how much pop he still has. However I don't really like Berto as a fighter I think he's somewhat chinny and not especially powerful or disciplined despite possessing good handspeed. I'm going with Guerrero by decision.

Comment

Ghost by decision. Berto needs to press him early and get him outta there. Toss-up fight.

Comment

Ghost by Unanimous uncontroversial decision.

Comment

I think Guerrero should be fighting as a lightweight and Berto will be to strong and hit to hard for him. Berto has an average chin but Guerrero does not have the power to take advantage of that. I think Berto KOs him somewhere between rounds 1 to 8. If Guerrero holds up to Berto's power he might turn the fight around in the late rounds if Berto gets tired.

Comment

Guerrero by easy UD.

Comment

i think Berto will be too fast for Guerrero

Comment

Working...
                    X