No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Enter a Contender: Sillakh Puts His Division on Notice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Enter a Contender: Sillakh Puts His Division on Notice

by Cliff Rold - An intriguing early career clash between unbeaten blue chip Light Heavyweights turned into a showcase for talented 26-year old Ukrainian Ismail Sillakh (15-0, 12 KO) of Simi Valley, California on Friday night at the Jostens Center, Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Sillakh used an educated jab and surgical accuracy to cut, drop, and thoroughly outpoint 31-year old Cuban Yordanis Despaigne (8-1, 4 KO) of Coral Gables, Florida, over ten rounds.

Both men weighed in below the Light Heavyweight limit of 175 lbs., Sillakh at 174 ½ and Despaigne at 172 ¾.

The referee was Max Parker.

Taller by at least a couple of inches at 6’1, Sillakh showed greater speed and snap at the outset, working right away with his left while Despaigne patiently came forward. Timing his offense, Despaigne thudded home some singular lefts and rights before the opening frame was half over. The action remained tense, if contained, over the second half of the round, Sillakh using the lead left and a sharp body shot to keep an edge in the proceedings. [Click Here To Read More]

LOL at these so called die hard boxing fans not wathing Friday Night Fights anymore.. Ismail looked good... He's got good fundamentals... He just kinda seems like he's peaked. Top 5 at best... but very nice fighter

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfBox View Post
      LOL at these so called die hard boxing fans not wathing Friday Night Fights anymore.. Ismail looked good... He's got good fundamentals... He just kinda seems like he's peaked. Top 5 at best... but very nice fighter
      It was a very good fight. He frustrated him all night with movement.

He is a good fighter. Not saying he lacks power , but if he can manage to put on a couple of pounds and not lose speed , he will have even more to scare ppl off.

Like you said , he got great fundamentals. And I love watching hungry , fresh fighters like that. Good fight.

My wife's family was about to cry. They had over hyped this fight so much , and they guaranteed me a win. Cubans.... I dont want to be there when Lopez knocks Gamboa out cold. Or do I?....

Comment

I saw the last couple of rounds only cause I always get bad times from tvguide on when the program starts. It was a showcase for Sillakh, he impressed me. It's good to see fighters with good boxing fundamentals.

Comment

It was a real good win for a fighter at this level. Surely a prospect to keep an eye on.

Comment

i like the kid i think hes a threat to any top 10 guy out there

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
              I saw the last couple of rounds only cause I always get bad times from tvguide on when the program starts. It was a showcase for Sillakh, he impressed me. It's good to see fighters with good boxing fundamentals.
              Usually, when you see a showcase fight, you see a prospect in with a journeyman. This is, of course, to showcase an up-and-coming fighter. However, in this fight, we saw two undefeated prospects. I'm not sure what you meant by that...

Comment

Espn should televise more of his fights.

Comment

Very natural fighter. Very impressed with how comfortable he looked in the spot light. I'm looking foward to his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Lucci View Post
                    It was a very good fight. He frustrated him all night with movement.

He is a good fighter. Not saying he lacks power , but if he can manage to put on a couple of pounds and not lose speed , he will have even more to scare ppl off.

Like you said , he got great fundamentals. And I love watching hungry , fresh fighters like that. Good fight.

My wife's family was about to cry. They had over hyped this fight so much , and they guaranteed me a win. Cubans.... I dont want to be there when Lopez knocks Gamboa out cold. Or do I?....
                    its so superficial to put everyone from the same country in the same category what a week point, i guess juanma is going to get kod like orlando the **** cruz too right? wtf despainge was never that good not even in the amateurs i know this helps you sleep at night but theres no relation between this guy and gamboa at all sorry. Despainge lost in every single internattional tournament when he faced the best and even got beat by an 18 year old kid in his last national tournament a division that is probably cubas weakest
                    Last edited by Cubanborn87; 03-05-2011, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X