Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fights changed a fighters career,even if they won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Calzaghe-Lacy - Jeff Lacy was one of the hottest up-and-coming fighters in boxing at the time; he was knocking guys out left and right and seemed to have a promising future at SMW. In arguably Joe's best career performance, Lacy will beat pillar-to-post and taken to school for 12 rounds. Lacy was broken mentally/physically and was never able to get back to the top ranks again in his career.
    This fight totally changed both of their careers.For Lacy it took his confidence which is bad news for a confidence fighter (Tyson) and for Calzaghe it finally made people believe he was the real deal. I dont think anyone outside of the UK cared about Calzaghe before the Lacy fight

Comment

Tyson/Douglas.

Pretty self explanatory...

Comment

I think Rios/Abril seriously damaged Rios' career.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          I think Rios/Abril seriously damaged Rios' career.

Rios had a career?? news to me...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            Rios had a career?? news to me...
            As limited as he is, he was highly rated by a lot of fans and was in line to fight JMM after Abril but Abril didn't get the memo.

Comment

As limited as he is, he was highly rated by a lot of fans and was in line to fight JMM after Abril but Abril didn't get the memo.

yea I guess. its jus funny to me whenever i see posts about rios being all that cause he is such trash. all he is an arrogant punk with a big mouth and a big punch. no skills past that...

Comment

I think he's referring to you how premature mentioning Rios when Rios is still in his twilight of his career and rightfully so.

Maybe we should ask this of Rios when he finally does fight a JMM/Maidana etc...

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  P-Will-Martinez is looking like to could be one, Paul has been pretty awful since that first fight, nevermind the rematch.

Shane was already nearly done, but his career was basically ended after the 4th round against Mayweather. They say power is the last thing to leave a fighter, Floyd's counter punches made Shane gun-shy and in turn took his power.
                  Yeah I agree about PW-Martinez. I think PW's prime ended in that ring with Martinez. Hasn't fought that well again since. Of course it might not be fair to make a final judgement on that, but we'll know soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    yea I guess. its jus funny to me whenever i see posts about rios being all that cause he is such trash. all he is an arrogant punk with a big mouth and a big punch. no skills past that...
                    Cosine this. I enjoyed watching him get embarrassed for 12 rounds too.

As for the thread, I think Margarito left everything in the ring in the first Cotto fight. After that, he just couldn't let his hands go anymore.

Comment

To me, Martinez exposed Williams weaknesses. Lara, being a slick, patient southpaw studied this and landed the overhand left at will (no pun intended)

But i don't think that took anything out of Williams. He not a shot fighter. He's the same fighter. 1,000 punches a fight, low connect rate, while taking on some punishment.

Comment

Working...
                      X