No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
    Yes, Pacquiao outranks Mayweather. We know how ATGs are created.

You have to PROVE it. The hard way. Mayweather will be remembered as a significantly talented guy who never had the willingness nor the inclination to truly test himself. That will be his legacy.

Just look at Calzaghe at this point..
    Facing and Beating Diego Corrales wasnt testing himself? Fighting Marquez off of a long vacation and dominating him wasnt testing himself? I can go on..
    How is manny more superb to Floyd when it comes to 'testing yourself'?
    Last edited by Lords; 01-04-2013, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
      facing and beating diego corrales wasnt testing himself? fighting marquez off of a long vacation and dominating him wasnt testing himself? i can go on..
      How is manny more superb to floyd when it comes to 'testing yourself'?
      k..................

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
        Marquez's win over Pacquiao is greater than any win Floyd has on his resume.

FACT.
        Is it greater than floyd's complete dismantling of marquez?

Comment

• There's too many biased fans on this site that are in love with pacquaio, i think anyone who knows boxing clearly goes with floyd on this topic. Floyd (in the ring) is too smart, he's too technical. He breaks every single one of his opponents down to the point where towards the end of the fight they look embarrassed. He made marquez look like a fool when they fought and marquez arguably beat pacquaio 2 or maybe 3 out of their first 3 bouts. Besides the shot he took by mosley in the 2nd round he's never been hurt. Floyd would break manny down the same way he's done with everybody he's fought prior. No fighter has ever been able to break the mayweather code.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Neither has Pacquiao. I don't consider Barrera or Marquez quite Top 50, Marquez is close in my opinion though. Morales wasn't in his prime in 2006, past prime-still good. Still a good win for Manny.

Also, yes Marquez beating Pacquiao is greater than any single win Floyd has. But hey....Riddick Bowe beating Evander Holyfield is greater than any single win Larry Holmes has, is Riddick Bowe greater than Larry Holmes??? Hell no

Marquez' resume doesn't have the depth Manny and Floyd have.
            Ummm... is everyone forgetting the fact that Floyd shut out and beat the **** out of JMM on his first try? When Manny never really accomplished that? Losing 2 of 4 on a logical card at least? Including getting knocked the **** out? And some of his biggest wins against people Floyd had recently defeated, only under conditions that favored him more?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              your "logic" seems to suggest that Floyd is greater than Duran...do you agree?
              My logic suggests no such thing. Duran is a completely different fighter than Pacquiao. I notice that Pacquiao fans like to make this debate about everybody but Pacquiao and Mayweather. This isn't about Duran, Ali, Marciano, Calzaghe, or any other fighters but Mayweather and Pacquiao.
              Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
              how about the only fighter who won 4 lineal belts, will it suffice?
              No, that won't suffice.

Comment

• Originally posted by KJB View Post
                Ummm... is everyone forgetting the fact that Floyd shut out and beat the **** out of JMM on his first try? When Manny never really accomplished that? Losing 2 of 4 on a logical card at least? Including getting knocked the **** out? And some of his biggest wins against people Floyd had recently defeated, only under conditions that favored him more?
                Not forgetting it exactly, but it isnt a great win so isnt relevant more like it. JMM was succesful against pac as JMM was able to solely counterpunch and against Floyd he was bloated so why bring it up?

Floyd never ko'ed cotto, or hatton in 2 rounds and never ever would so its horses for courses.

JMMs win over Pac is better than anything floyd has ever done btw if that wasnt clear already. But it did take 4 attempts and losing to Pac 2 or 3 times to get that amazing win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  My logic suggests no such thing. Duran is a completely different fighter than Pacquiao. I notice that Pacquiao fans like to make this debate about everybody but Pacquiao and Mayweather. This isn't about Duran, Ali, Marciano, Calzaghe, or any other fighters but Mayweather and Pacquiao.No, that won't suffice.
                  Post 149, above...suffices.

Comment

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                    Facing and Beating Diego Corrales wasnt testing himself? Fighting Marquez off of a long vacation and dominating him wasnt testing himself? I can go on..
                    How is manny more superb to Floyd when it comes to 'testing yourself'?
                    pacquiao huge underdog against sasakul (lineal flyweight champ). it was a huge step up from his recent competition at the time and pac was only 19 years old. pac went on to KO sasakul in his home country.

pac took on ledwaba on TWO weeks short notice..ledwaba was considered a rising star in the 122 lb division and was the current IBF champ. pac crushed ledwaba...

pac moved up to 126 to face marco antonio barrera who at the time was ranked #3 p4p..pac again was a huge underdog and was fighting in front of a huge barrera crowd in texas. pac went on to demolish barrera...

instead of taking an easy fight after barrera, pac challenged juan manuel marquez who stylistically should have been all wrong for pac, but pac put him on the canvas 3 times in the first round, broke his nose, and imo won the fight by just 1 point..very close fight and good war.

pac later went on to challenge morales at his first fight at 130..could have took a tune-up fight just to test himself at 130, but decided to go straight for morales.

etc. etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
                      Post 149, above...suffices.
                      You're a biased fanboy who lives in a bubble, detached from reality. You're like a republican who only watches Fox News. You only listen to people that you want to hear.

Comment

Working...
                      X