Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone ought to just drop a bomb on NSB, shouldn't they?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    Here we go, I've just dropped some smack in NSB. The deification of Ward is just getting ****ing ridiculous now. Don't get me wrong, he's good, but all he's done lately is outspeed Carl "Speedy Gonzales" Froch and then batter a completely weight-drained Chad Dawson. Anyone who refers to him as a "beast" with punching power that people "fear" deserves some smack:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=572522
    You sure you know boxing? Ward is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
      Wait a minute it was during the pac-hatton bout if I remember right when people are saying that the p4p belt was on the line. I think it was suggested by ricky himself.

Go on annie. Don't mind me.
      That was one of the main instances, where Ricky Hatton suggested he was fighting for the "title". Jesus. Just because boxer A beats boxer B doesn't mean that journalists will still agree that he'd beat boxers C to G.

But it comes up a LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        Try having Ricky Hatton in your sig

apparently you aren't allowed an opinion on anything then
        Well you certainly shouldn't be allowed an opinion on dishes.

Comment

This ALWAYS comes back to a "bias brit, u sed Frotch wun dat fite" comment.... Frotch wun no moar than 3 round's dat hole fite." And it's like...... Jesus wept up my arsehole. I agree. I think, at WORST, Andre Ward won that fight 8-4. But when they go to Jimmy Lennon Jr and he reads out the verdict, he doesn't say "ladies and gentlemen, we go to the scorecards.... Judge Anorak scored it...."

It's just ****ing OBVIOUS ****.

I just can't get my head round the ****er. "Froch couldn't be in a close fight with Ward." I know he probably couldn't, but at the same time, for two silly pricks, in what counts officially, he was.
          Biased Brit Ward ****d Froch A$$, go polish your glass jaw, biased brit

Comment

That was one of the main instances, where Ricky Hatton suggested he was fighting for the "title". Jesus. Just because boxer A beats boxer B doesn't mean that journalists will still agree that he'd beat boxers C to G.

But it comes up a LOT.
            Be careful annie, you're treading a mathematical territory called transitive property. Just be careful. D

Comment

I like the new Anorak. Your points are on the bullseye and you never mentioned once how I had been ko'd before in the ring, step up enough times and it's bound to happen. You are correct in your assertion that NSB is full of tards but hey man, it's all that we've got. I browse NSB to keep up on whats happening but generally stick to the threads that were written by the staff. Has anybody made a thread stating that Manny Paq would knock Frochs crooked nose to the other side of his face yet?

It's kinda hard to speak of the mental aspect of the game. I mean you are brought up to recognize and face fear head on. Boxing is unlike anything out there. People say that stock car racing is dangerous and it is. But you go into a race inside of a car with cages built around you for prtection. In boxing you step up in trunks, gloves, a cup and a mouth piece as you wage war with somebody that is trying to disconnect you from your senses. I'd feel much more safe in a stock car with my helmet and cage than stepping into a ring. But at the same time my roll cage and helmet are my skills which is the only thing that can keep you safe once the bell rings.

Anyway, it's healthy to vent every now and then.........Rockin'

Comment

I just joke about KOs... if I were to box, I'd be KO'd in the first round. Either that or gas out by throwing a jab. I just like to watch it.

But it always fascinates me how some fighters are able to dig deep, maybe ridiculously so. Cue Danny Williams video:

Comment

It's actually better than it used to be, there was a good run where it was utterly worthless. Now it's only half worthless.

Comment

I went in there now to call a few people ****s, er, debate boxing, but I couldn't be arsed, it was all just so worthless.

Take this thread, off a ****ing Green Teef:

POLL: Will bute rematch froch in 2013?

What's the POINT in that??? How the **** does anyone know? Are they promoters? Do they have insider knowledge? If it was a thread asking the question for discussion, then fair enough - to a point - but this was a POLL. It's like doing a thread "what colour shoes will Adrien Broner wear in the ring tonight - vote". No one knows, so a poll can only be a reflection of guesses, so what's the ****ing point? It's not like a poll on a fight outcome, is it?

Comment

Some ****ing ****'s just made a thread about Mexico (don't go there, got a ban) vs. the Pingers is the biggest rivalry in boxing:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=573327

It's like what you'd do when you're TWELVE, isn't it? "Here's a list of my favourite boxing gloves". "Here's my best ever shoes."

Someone give that guy red K with the message **** yourself on it, please... it says I'm out for 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                      X