Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many elite fighters religious?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many elite fighters religious?

Manny Pacquiao thanks God for his victories, so does Floyd Mayweather, Bernard Hopkins is Muslim I believe, Ali too. Not sure what Mosley is but he's either Christian or Buddhist because his wife. Juanma Marquez wears big ass crosses to the weigh in and so does Margarito.

How much do you think God helps all of them? And why haven't non-religious athletes picked up on this?

Most all athletes in general are religious. Think about it. They are naturally gifted people. They always say how thankful they are that god gave them their abilities.

Also, some of the best athletes as far as boxing, football, basketball, etc., come from poor/tough childhoods. Lots of them had religion to get through the tough times. It's been shown the poorest places in america, and the world, the highest percentage of religious people. There is a reason for that.

Also, not too many highly educated people in sports. The higher the IQ the lower the chance of being very religious.

Comment

I bet the only fighters who have beaten Pacquiao believed in God.

Comment

Even Zab Judah who is Jewish thanks Jesus Christ his lord and savior.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Most all athletes in general are religious. Think about it. They are naturally gifted people. They always say how thankful they are that god gave them their abilities.

Also, some of the best athletes as far as boxing, football, basketball, etc., come from poor/tough childhoods. Lots of them had religion to get through the tough times. It's been shown the poorest places in america, and the world, the highest percentage of religious people. There is a reason for that.

Also, not too many highly educated people in sports. The higher the IQ the lower the chance of being very religious.
          Damn.. Green K for stealing my post.

Comment

Gotta believe in higher power. Faith is what keeps this fighters going. and so do i.

Comment

fedor is very big bible beleiver...

Comment

Boxing is a very scary sport, you need to think that someone or something is protecting you outside of the ring. Like Mickey for Rocky.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post

You had me going till the bold. Not only is it a cheap shot, but it reeks of elitism.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Bloke View Post
                    [/B]

You had me going till the bold. Not only is it a cheap shot, but it reeks of elitism.

It's not a cheap shot it's what studies have shown. I'm not saying this is right, this is wrong, I'm simply stating what is known.

You can look this stuff up online if you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X