Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Kessler chasing the big, competetive fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Briton View Post
    Ahh I see. You mean like the German version of Frank Warren? That's a real shame, Kessler looked to be a top notch fighter.
    Kessler is Danish,not German

And why Kessler dont fight right now

Kesslers main problem, is that he grew up in Denmark, which is a very small country with only one major promoter: Mogens Palle.

When Kessler turned pro in the late 90's he signed a contract with Mogens Palle, because at that time (and now) he was the only major player in Denmark who could build up Kesslers career.
    Mogens Palle however is a ruthless C***, who always writes in an insurance policy in his contracts with his fighters, to make sure they don't walk out on him.
    The terms have been different, but the outline pretty much the same:
    If the fighter breaks the contract with Palle, he will suffer a quarantine from fighting (usually 2 years, only starting when the fighter is no longer ranked in any of the federations), and cannot sign with another promoter until after the quarantine.
    This is exactly what happened to Mads Larsen. He walked out on Palle, had to do the time, and is now struggling to get back on top, while he wasted his prime in quarantine.

So for the young fighters in Denmark, you're pretty much screwed, 'cause there is only Palle, and if you don't like his terms, well... Don't sign the contract, and don't get any fights....

So.....
    All this crap about Kessler should do this or that.....
    Well, he is effectively at Palles mercy now.
    Their contract gives Palle the promoting rights for Kesslers next 3 voluntary defenses of the WBA-strap, and if Kessler doesn't like the opposition, well, then he can walk....
    -Right into the quarantine stated in the contract he signed himself....

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Juice View Post
      Froch would beat the **** out of Kessler.

Kessler doesn't like getting hit.

Kessler would obliterate Froch believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by jangeorg View Post
        Kessler is Danish,not German
        I know this, it was the money hungry promoter I thought was German.

Comment

He called out 6 big names inc Taylor and Hopkins yonks ago, there was decent coverage of it. He has chased, but no ones really playing ball, less so now then before.

Hopkins of Taylor should have taken it.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
            He called out 6 big names inc Taylor and Hopkins yonks ago, there was decent coverage of it. He has chased, but no ones really playing ball, less so now then before.

Hopkins of Taylor should have taken it.
            Yeh true, the article was on boxingscene but obviously widely ignored lol.

I dont think its a question of his intentions being wrong. He went to America twice last year to drum up interest in a big fight and has shown some intent by his eagerness to get shot of Palle.

Hopefully once he gets his pointless mando out the way and frees himself from Palles career death-grip, he'll unify with Carl - who seems the only one who you know would take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
              Because he is trapped in a contract, and his promother doesn't want to risk his money horse.
              ok.. I thought he turned into a *****

Comment

Originally posted by Google_It_Bitch
                Kessler fans, remind me of the todays Froch fans. All we heard about Kessler is that he was going to do this and going to do that to Calzaghe, and I said Kessler ain't gonna do shiet against Calzaghe. Froch is lucky Calzaghe retired. :fight:
                Are you saying that Carl Froch is as good as Kessler?

Comment

Working...
                X