No announcement yet.

American fans, stop being bitter, Carl Froch is a good fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DreamSparkz View Post
    Jermain taylor is one of my favourites and I hate to see him lose especially after the pavlik fights.

Anyone think it was more than a stamina issue? jermain said himself it wasn't that even though he is a class guy and wouldn't make such excuses. Maybe Froch figured him out and was able to land as well as Taylor gassing out.
    It is a combination of all those reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      Although ackward and clearly not technically sound, Carl Froch is a very good fighter. Americans right now seem to be taking the easy way out and degrading Taylor in either an attempt to validate why Taylor lost, or taking a way from Froch's win.

I myself am American and I lost bets, paid them, and I'm still not taking anything from Froch. You can say Jermaine has stamina issues or whatever, but the fact is not just anyone can beat him. It's not like he's a pushover, Froch had to come back from a deep hole on the cards and a knockdown, to knock out Taylor with just 20 seconds left. I don't care what you say, that shows some grit and determination.

Give this guy some credit as he beat a very good American fighter who a lot of us were picking to win.

On my way out of Foxwoods on Saturday I was in the elevator and said to a couple that was in there "Good fight, huh?", they replied "No, the wrong guy one." It's pretty sad to me that people can't just appreciate something for what it is, and they have to base their experience off of what they WANT to happen.

Froch is a top SMW and he just beat America's top SMW, so give him the respect he deserves.
      Froch is NOT anything special he has a decent chin and heart adn sometimes that is more than enough to beat a skilled fighter who lacks deffense and stamina. Bottom line Froch telegraphs his punches and is slow and akward but not that good at all. A good counter puncher would pick him apart with ease. Taylor is so not confident after his KO loss and he did not counter punch well at all Saturday night...Lefty

Comment

Jermain taylor is one of my favourites and I hate to see him lose especially after the pavlik fights.

Anyone think it was more than a stamina issue? jermain said himself it wasn't that even though he is a class guy and wouldn't make such excuses. Maybe Froch figured him out and was able to land as well as Taylor gassing out.
        Taylor is not hungry. That's the problem. He's been at the top, achieved what he wanted, but now lives a comfortable life and has lost the drive to win.

Froch is the opposite. The guy who had something to prove won the fight.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
          Taylor is not hungry. That's the problem. He's been at the top, achieved what he wanted, now lives a comfortable life and and lost the drive to win.

Froch is the opposite. The guy who had something to prove won the fight.

Hmm hard to see where Jermain goes from here, this was his major comeback fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by luckylefty731 View Post
            Froch is NOT anything special he has a decent chin and heart adn sometimes that is more than enough to beat a skilled fighter who lacks deffense and stamina. Bottom line Froch telegraphs his punches and is slow and akward but not that good at all. A good counter puncher would pick him apart with ease. Taylor is so not confident after his KO loss and he did not counter punch well at all Saturday night...Lefty
            I would say you have to be special to beat Jermaine Taylor. BHop couldn't, Winky couldn't, Lacy couldn't. How is he not special? I'd say the fact that he is technically flawed and still manages to be so good is something very special.

Comment

Hmm hard to see where Jermain goes from here, this was his major comeback fight as well.
              I think he will retire from boxing. It would be a shame to see it happen, though, as I like Taylor a lot.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Although ackward and clearly not technically sound, Carl Froch is a very good fighter. Americans right now seem to be taking the easy way out and degrading Taylor in either an attempt to validate why Taylor lost, or taking a way from Froch's win.

I myself am American and I lost bets, paid them, and I'm still not taking anything from Froch. You can say Jermaine has stamina issues or whatever, but the fact is not just anyone can beat him. It's not like he's a pushover, Froch had to come back from a deep hole on the cards and a knockdown, to knock out Taylor with just 20 seconds left. I don't care what you say, that shows some grit and determination.

Give this guy some credit as he beat a very good American fighter who a lot of us were picking to win.

On my way out of Foxwoods on Saturday I was in the elevator and said to a couple that was in there "Good fight, huh?", they replied "No, the wrong guy one." It's pretty sad to me that people can't just appreciate something for what it is, and they have to base their experience off of what they WANT to happen.

Froch is a top SMW and he just beat America's top SMW, so give him the respect he deserves.
                Taylor was NOT America's top anything.

Stop tripping.

Froch won't last long.

Comment

froch is a good fighter, but not a very good fighter. he just be the 168 lbs equivalent of zab judah.

he needs a real trainer to fix his many flaws

Comment

Originally posted by Deja_Vous View Post
                    Taylor was NOT America's top anything.

Stop tripping.

Froch won't last long.
                    Taylor was our best Super Middleweight.

Comment

I would say you have to be special to beat Jermaine Taylor. BHop couldn't, Winky couldn't, Lacy couldn't. How is he not special? I'd say the fact that he is technically flawed and still manages to be so good is something very special.
                      Bhop shouldv Winky shouldv but in boxing sadly thers something called "robberies" and Taylor has been in favor of these on more than one occasion. Froch just accomplished something Kelly did in 5 rounds less in Taylors best weight, and when he was undefeated
                      except Pavlik was never getting outclassed besides the KD Frotch was getting outclassed for most of the ****in fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X