Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac can gain weight and speed "clean" why can't Marquez???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Pac can gain weight and speed "clean" why can't Marquez???

I like Roach...he a cool dude and seems to be a great trainer...but I kinda lost a little respect for him after this...specially since his camp claims Pac did it all "natural" ..then why can't other fighters do it "natural"....makes no sense....what am I missing here???

http://www.theboxingobserver.com/fre...acquiao-fight/

By Jordan Stoddart

Hall of fame trainer Freddie Roach has sensationally insinuated that Juan Manuel Marquez could be using performance enhancing drugs in the run up to his duel with Manny Pacquiao. The two are set to clash in an eagerly anticipated fourth instalment of their series, with the Mexican looking to notch his first win against the Filipino star, although many believe he could have won all three of their previous encounters.

“If his body is natural, I will kiss his ass,” Roach told USA Today. “Marquez has gotten bigger and gained weight, it throws up a red flag. I’ve been accused so many times of my fighters being on steroids that I hate to accuse other people. But it is part of our life, part of the world we live in,” Roach stated. One of the reasons Roach is worried, is because the Mexicans camp have employed the services of Angel Hernandez who once supplied PED’s to athletics star Marion Jones.

Marquez was notably agitated when speaking about the comments on a radio show last night. “I have never done this type of work before. That’s why my body has changed. I have been working very hard, specifically to get more strength. Angel is a professional and knows how much weight I am putting on. I am getting more speed and getting stronger at the same time.”

Ironically, Pacquiao was accused of taking such substances in the run up to the ill-fated negotiations for a fight with the current pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather. Roach has revealed that his fighter was fully committed to taking a test. “It would have been great for Manny’s image because Mayweather had said he was on steroids,” stated Roach. “I said to Pacquiao, ‘You’re clean, right? He said, ‘Of course.’ I said, ‘Take the test.’ He said OK. Mike Koncz agreed with it.” Meanwhile, both men are gearing up for their fourth fight with each boxer claiming there will be a knockout on December 8th to finally clear up who is the better fighter. It promises to be the event of the year in my eyes.

I like you Ric, I really do but Im losing respect for you here.

Pacquaio gained his speed and power during prime years and is obviously diminishing. While Marquez at damn near 40 years old is getting bigger, faster and stronger.

And lastly, look who he's working with.

Comment

pac got slower as he moved up. it wasnt really a weight gain for pac but a division gain.

anybody who really knows boxing knows 126 pac was faster than 140-147 pac.

pac didnt need to train to make weight. he was fighting and training with his walk around weight which is perfect for the 147 lb division.

look at his weigh in weights when he was moving. there wasnt a big discrepancy or anomaly with his weights.

Comment

because Marquez doesn't have the 10000 legions of fanboys protecting his honor in every boxingwebsite

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          because Marquez doesn't have the 10000 legions of fanboys protecting his honor in every boxingwebsite
          Thankfully he doesn't have a 7 man team of insurgents like Margarito that just run around pot shotting people from trees in the jungle; throwing little pebbles then running away giggling.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Thankfully he doesn't have a 7 man team of insurgents like Margarito.
            Ive told you 1000 times to stop talking to me, stop harassing me, stop following me around and stop derailing threads with your BS

I don't like you ,fuck off

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Thankfully he doesn't have a 7 man team of insurgents like Margarito that just run around pot shotting people from trees in the jungle; throwing little pebbles then running away giggling.

oh my gosh, lol.

pacquiao's legions are dimishing by the day. after marquez 3 they all posted threads about having to watch the fight in slowmo and in reverse to get a proper card. i think they realized that it was over after that.

Comment

they only gained weight, none of them gained speed

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  Ive told you 1000 times to stop talking to me, stop harassing me, stop following me around and stop derailing threads with your BS

I don't like you ,fuck off

http://michaeldsellers.com/wp-conten...icture-411.png

Comment

I think it is because they are scared. At least that is why pacfarts said about floyd fanboys when his team accused pacquiao of juicing. JMM said he would take any test necessary as long as pacquiao does the same. Nothing more has to be said about what is what in this situation after JMM said that.

Comment

Working...
                    X