Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ramos Will Remain at 140, Not Ruling out 135 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ramos Will Remain at 140, Not Ruling out 135 Return

Unbeaten Luis Ramos felt a move was needed to 140 pounds after fighting at the lightweight limit for some time.

Based on his performance on Saturday night, the move to 140 pounds may be the correct and permanent move for the 24 year old fighter.

Ramos showed flashes of brilliance in his scheduled 10 round bout, eventually forcing a stoppage over Noe Bolanos at the Hangar at the OC Fair and Events Center in Costa Mesa, CA.
    [Click Here To Read More]

a guy mentioned in the article, Brad Solomon, a guy I thought was heading 4 a title shot after some qulaity wins, and ?? 2 bouts in 2 years, what gives??, no punch, but probably, IMO, the best pure boxer in the division...

Comment

Jose Hernandez beat the living crap out of Ramos in a one-sided beating in one of the worse robberies I have seen and then I looked online and sure enough Ramos is with Goldenboy....no wonder Hernandez was robbed.....poor guy won all but 1-2 rounds and was ripped off.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Jose Hernandez beat the living crap out of Ramos in a one-sided beating in one of the worse robberies I have seen and then I looked online and sure enough Ramos is with Goldenboy....no wonder Hernandez was robbed.....poor guy won all but 1-2 rounds and was ripped off.
        I watched that fight & also thought Hernandez won. However, claiming it was one of the worst one-sided beating/robberies you have ever seen is preposterous. Ramos was pretty fortunate to get the decision against Raymundo Beltran on ShoBox as well.

I used to think Ramos was a real good prospect, but recently he has not been too impressive. He did seem to be having a little trouble making 135, and looked good the other night in his debut at 140. He seemed a little sharper than he has been, kinda looked like his old self. His opponent didn't bring much to the table though.

Either way...I like watching Ramos fight. I like his style..doesn't hit too hard, but is a very busy boxer that puts his punches together nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxer1590 View Post
          I watched that fight & also thought Hernandez won. However, claiming it was one of the worst one-sided beating/robberies you have ever seen is preposterous.
          I've been watching Boxing for over 25 years and yes, it was one of the worst. It was a one-sided brutal beat down. Ramos was bludgeoned.

Comment

Working...
          X