Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could hop in a time machine and attend one boxing match, what would it be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
    Probably where Pac was born. Like just be there seeing him like a baby KNOWING the phenomenon he would become yet no one would know at the moment. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. So if i could go back in time it would be that day when Manny was born.

Comment

Well the obvious answer is Ali/Frazier 1. I can't imagine what the atmosphere would be like for that. But also I think Louis/Schmeling 2. The idea of the humble black man vs the poster boy for Nazi Germany. Granted I know Schmeling was no nazi but still, with the way it was promoted it would have been interesting. Heck I'd like to just sit around a bar and talk about that fight in the days leading up to it. I've read that Joe was the first black national hero and I'd like to see how many whites were supporting their fellow American. Joe Louis was a credit to his race, the human race.

Comment

So many great fights, its hard for me to make a decision. Corrales Castillo 1 is a fight that I would have love to been at. Its not going back to far in time, but that fight was epic and I can only imagine what the atmosphere was like.

Comment

Douglas and Tyson...so that I could have bet money on Douglas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
            Greb vs Tunney I

Excellent choice! That would be my second only after Louis-Schmeling 2, the most historic heavyweight title fight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              Well the obvious answer is Ali/Frazier 1. I can't imagine what the atmosphere would be like for that. But also I think Louis/Schmeling 2. The idea of the humble black man vs the poster boy for Nazi Germany. Granted I know Schmeling was no nazi but still, with the way it was promoted it would have been interesting. Heck I'd like to just sit around a bar and talk about that fight in the days leading up to it. I've read that Joe was the first black national hero and I'd like to see how many whites were supporting their fellow American. Joe Louis was a credit to his race, the human race.

More than 70 million people listened to that fight worldwide. The entire civilized planet knew of this fight on what hinged on its outcome. I doubt there will ever be another fight as important at this one.

Comment

Greb - Tunney I

Nonpareil - Fitzsimmons

Comment

prolly duran v. leonard and morales v. pacquiao 1

Comment

Gomez vs Sanchez or Benitez vs Cervantes

Comment

SRL vs Duran 1...

Comment

Working...
                      X