Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: Margarito will drop WBO title to avoid Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen Paul Williams fight once so i'm not gonna go into this much but he didn't impress me much at all, he certainly didn't look good enough to beat a top-level fighter like Margarito. Whether he actually is or not only time will tell but don't go moaning about Margarito 'ducking' Williams because Cotto is genuine world-class and a huge draw which is exactly what Margarito has been craving.

Comment

It's pretty obvious he doesn't want anything to do with Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
        Better than seeing Cotto-Urkal

BUT This is all dependent on if Urkal steps aside,and Urkal has said he want the fight.I doubt cotto will drop his belt too,but who knows...
        Cotto will fight Urkal in March according to the Arum interview. Margarito is the only one ducking his mandatory...

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
          Cotto will fight Urkal in March according to the Arum interview. Margarito is the only one ducking his mandatory...
          Urkal is a walk in the park. I'm sure Margarito does not want to take a chance fighting Williams in say March, and risk injury or a loss, with a payday around the corner.

Isnt that the same reason Mayweather scrapped his February "birthday" fight that was scheduled as an HBO PPV, against Cory Spinks who he cut a deal with for November, and then turned around and made the Baldomir deal with a promise to Spinks for the Feb date.

Same reason he and Oscar are going to sit out 7 months?

Comment

Originally posted by SiN View Post
            If Cotto has time to fight his mandatory, why doesn't Margarito? He's had no problem holding onto his WBO belt for years when bums were coming up as his mandatories, but when a real fighter steps up they want to vacate...
            Give it a rest. Williams is not a 'real fighter' when compared to Cotto. If you were Tony you'd do the same thing if you had more than excrement for brains. You take the bigger money fight, which is also a more difficult fight, because if you win you have more money, drawing power, and legacy.

In sum...duh.

Comment

The irony of this thread is simply limitless.

Comment

P.S.

Jesus is not black.

Comment

Originally posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
                  P.S.

Jesus is not black.

\hip hop\Ghost Face\Iron Man\ghostface killah - black jesus*****

Comment

Margarito would be beaten by most welterweights including Quintana. He's slow and has no defense, I can't understand what all the hype is about Margarito.

When you lose and get rocked by Daniel "F#$%ing" Santos you're not that good. After he looked awful against Santos I knew Margarito was ****.

Comment

Eh. I'm more a fan of showtunes.

Comment

Working...
                      X