No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones vs. Benmakhlouf Early Results From Moscow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones vs. Benmakhlouf Early Results From Moscow

Ruslan Semenov's recent streak of upset wins has been put to a halt by the recent debutant Ily Rolgeyzer (2-0), who scored a close unanimous decision over veteran journeyman in a six-round cruiserweight fight. "Tyson" Semenov (now 5-26-1, 3 KOs) started fast, throwing big looping shots to the head of his towering opponent. Rolgeyzer struggled to keep his distance for the first three rounds, getting hit more often than Semenov. However, as the time passed by, Rolgeyzer's jab began more and more effective, peppering Tyson's face since the start of the fourth. Much shorter Semenov got tired, decreased his efficiency and was soundly outboxed in the last three stanzas. No scores were announced but BoxingScene had it 57-57 - a draw.

[Click Here To Read More]

Nothing to see here, just a bunch of hopeless, hapless setups which make a mockery of the sport.

Comment

Roy definitely got that one. Flashes of vintage Roy through the fight... brings back so many memories. Just glad he made it out healthy and with the W!

Comment

Very happy to see the respect and love Eddine is giving Roy after the fight. Told him he was his childhood role model and whatnot, and then took a pic with him. I really like Roy so it's good to see him getting that respect that he deserves.

Comment

wow Jones wasn't KTFO out cold in brutal fashion? I'm impressed, the opponent must of been an extra bum

Comment

Wow 5th weight division title... didn't know he was making history!!

Comment

LOL Roid Jones performed "can't be touched" in the ring to russian audience after his victory

Comment

I'm glad he won but the belt means less than any other belt that a man would use to keep his troussers up.

Comment

Congrats to Jones but the WBU version of the cruiserweight crown doesn't count as a fifth world title in a fifth weight class. Although since Jones is still huge in Europe and most Cruiserweight champs are European at the moment I could easily see him getting a shot against one of them.

Comment

How much was the purse?

Comment

Working...
                    X